FA Cup results

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Not a good extra preliminary round for the Shire.

Not one Gloucestershire side won in the FA Cup over the weekend.

Only positives are Cleeve, Fairford, Lydney, and Tuffley all drawing at home. They face replays away.

Courtesy of the excellent SevernSport reporters (Note: Cinderford lost yesterday):

http://severnsport.co.uk/gloucestershir ... -5-august/

Hope Cirencester, and Gloucester do a bit better when their levels enter the competition.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Cleeve do it! 0-1 win at Thornbury. I guess technically a Gloucestershire derby in old money.

Tuffley’s trip to Aylesbury postponed.

Fairford travel to Aylesbury (a different team) this evening whilst Lydney travel to Roman Glass St George, who play in the southernmost of South Glos.
longmover
Will we ever play city in the first round? Every season this is the one game I want to happen, if it does, hopefully it's not at that lego kit of a ground they have.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
longmover wrote: 09 Aug 2023, 09:55 Will we ever play city in the first round? Every season this is the one game I want to happen, if it does, hopefully it's not at that lego kit of a ground they have.
I hope it happens. Relies on them not to be dismally knocked out by a lower division team. But wouldn’t it be fantastic.

(As long as the Board didn’t decide to give them half the Colin Farmer as well as the Hazelwoods.)
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Well this season won’t be the year we play Gloucester in the Cup. They were dismally knocked out 0-3 at home by a lower division team.
paperboy
Once mighty Torquay breezed through against Wimborne with Rhys Lovett between the sticks- maybe if we'd kept him he could have solved our goal scoring problems this season.
They would be a tasty and dare I say winnable tie to get.
Cmon the Gulls.