Scunthorpe podcast host

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Banned from the ground by the Club owner for being critical.

Owner got the SLO to pass on the news.

Maybe our own podcast guys need to be careful :lol:

https://www.thebusinessdesk.com/yorkshi ... ome-ground
Si Robin
It's owners like this that make me repeat "better the devil you know" when people slate our board.

They may not be the most savvy, or ambitious, but they bloody care for the club.
longmover
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: 25 Sep 2023, 20:17 Banned from the ground by the Club owner for being critical.

Spiv skills in full effect right there, their owner has call center 'manager' written all over him.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
longmover wrote: 26 Sep 2023, 12:29
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: 25 Sep 2023, 20:17 Banned from the ground by the Club owner for being critical.

Spiv skills in full effect right there, their owner has call center 'manager' written all over him.
Yes absolutely. His outfit is also a classic get-up for the effing and blinding local recruitment agency manager when giving a rollocking to the miserable new starters
Shade
:lol: just looked at the pic. Absolutely one of those guys who you know will turn out to be just as you expect.

Makes me wonder how people fall for all their BS. Met a guy like that several years ago, friend of my ex-girlfriend's family. Took an instant dislike to him. True to how he presented himself, he talked all about his achievements all night whilst trying to subtly (not so subtly) put others down. They all lapped it up, oh how great he was. His wife was one of the nicest people you could meet. I couldn't understand what she, or my girlfriend's family, possibly saw in him. I ended up calling him out on some of his BS as he unknowingly strayed into my profession and was talking rubbish, which got me some evil looks. A couple of years later, it all came out that he had a whore in every port, so to speak. Luckily, the now ex-wife came out of it pretty well, as he'd put a lot of stuff in her name... ]

Anyway, all that to say, I can see why he got the SLO to tell the guy he's banned, rather than risk the chance of being caught out himself.
paperboy
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: 26 Sep 2023, 12:48

Yes absolutely. His outfit is also a classic get-up for the effing and blinding local recruitment agency manager when giving a rollocking to the miserable new starters

Dave Bloxsome still going for the Matt Hancock roll neck sweater look I notice- purchased from Del Boy.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
:P
paperboy wrote: 27 Sep 2023, 07:37
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: 26 Sep 2023, 12:48

Dave Bloxsome still going for the Matt Hancock roll neck sweater look I notice- purchased from Del Boy.

I assume you mean Bloxham?
paperboy
asl
"Finally, numerous fake club statements and messages have been circulating in recent days. We can confirm that no investigation is currently taking place to our knowledge and that all of the material is completely fake. We are appalled by its content."

Wonder what that's about ?
Shade
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66947495
Seems Gainsborough weren't informed about their new tenants playing there.

https://www.gainsboroughtrinity.com/new ... roundshare
asl
Hah! You couldn't make this sh1t up... :lol:
asl
Wow...just reading their iron-bru forum... Apparently, Hilton implemented a cash-only policy for season tickets, merchandise, car parking, everything. Can't imagine why he'd have wanted to do that...
longmover
asl wrote: 28 Sep 2023, 14:59 Wow...just reading their iron-bru forum... Apparently, Hilton implemented a cash-only policy for season tickets, merchandise, car parking, everything. Can't imagine why he'd have wanted to do that...
:lol: :lol: :lol: jesus wept!!!
paperboy
asl wrote: 28 Sep 2023, 14:59 Wow...just reading their iron-bru forum... Apparently, Hilton implemented a cash-only policy for season tickets, merchandise, car parking, everything. Can't imagine why he'd have wanted to do that...
CASH IS KING!

https://www.thebusinessdesk.com/eastmid ... -for-fraud
asl
asl wrote: 28 Sep 2023, 13:16 "Finally, numerous fake club statements and messages have been circulating in recent days. We can confirm that no investigation is currently taking place to our knowledge and that all of the material is completely fake. We are appalled by its content."

Wonder what that's about ?
Apparently there was a spoof post on The Fishy, ostensibly from Scunny, that made some kind of reference to Hilton's daughter. That then briefly got copied to iron-bru but was taken down.

The Fishy has a >360 page thread on the plight of their neighbours and it's not entirely an outpouring of sympathy and sadness... 😀
Shade
I have no love for Scunthorpe, always hated playing them until the last season we did, which I think was the season we won L2 and they got relegated to the NL, but it's sad to see another club, especially a long-time League club, disappearing down the non-league and being ruined by charlatans.
Ihearye
Si Robin wrote: 26 Sep 2023, 07:44 It's owners like this that make me repeat "better the devil you know" when people slate our board.

They may not be the most savvy, or ambitious, but they bloody care for the club.
Guess it is how you differentiate between skating and questioning. Perfectly OK to hold them up to scrutiny. It's not China
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I read The Athletic article about Hilton the other week. A litany of dodgy stuff, summarised as starting and closing many different companies under a range of different pseudonyms.

“An investigation by The Athletic has found that a man we strongly believe to be Hilton was sentenced to two years in prison for 15 counts of fraud by false representation under the name of David Anderson.

In a case that started at Nottingham Crown Court in late 2014, Anderson was also disqualified from being a company director for five years after pleading guilty to 15 charges.

Hilton has made no secret of the fact he was born David White and changed his name to Hilton for unspecified “family reasons”. In fact, until very recently, Hilton still had a Facebook account under the name of David White.

According to Companies House, the government agency that keeps the register of British companies, there are multiple references to David White being a company director up to 2012. Between then and 2014, David Anderson is listed as a director of two different companies. Anderson then disappears and there is no further trace of him anywhere online. Hilton appears as a director of several companies in November 2017 and still has six active directorships.

White, Anderson and Hilton all share the same date of birth: October 9, 1977. A search of UK birth records reveals that a David White was born that day in Nottingham but no David Anderson or David Hilton.

The civil registration birth index also shows that the David White born on October 9, 1977, in Nottingham, later changed his surname to Mellors, another name by which Hilton has been known. David White’s mother’s maiden name is listed as Mellors on his birth certificate.

Companies House documents also show that David White and David Anderson have similar handwriting and signatures. And the address David Anderson gave to the court in 2014, “Forsythia Gardens, Nottingham”, also happens to be where a Kate White, Hilton’s sister, was registered as living at the time.

It is unclear if Hilton complied with the terms of the current non-League owners’ and directors’ test (OADT), overseen by the English Football Association (FA). It must be completed by every owner or director and requires the disclosure of “previous or other names”. Hilton’s form is not publicly available and Hilton did not reply when The Athletic asked if he had disclosed any previous names on the form.

Asked about this and David Anderson’s conviction for fraud, an FA spokesperson said: “We are aware of these serious allegations and are looking into them.”
Si Robin
Ihearye wrote: 30 Sep 2023, 09:47
Si Robin wrote: 26 Sep 2023, 07:44 It's owners like this that make me repeat "better the devil you know" when people slate our board.

Guess it is how you differentiate between skating and questioning. Perfectly OK to hold them up to scrutiny. It's not China
Demanding the board should be sacked, trying to instigate protests against them (yes this was done on social media).

The board is not above reproach, and they should be questioned of course, but there's no need to abuse them when to date there's not been anyone prepared to take over the reigns.
SHANDY VOR
Yes, there is something in this Simon. Easy to criticise without putting your hands in your pocket and spending other people's bunce. In this case I think he's a wrong un, but be careful what you wish for - I have some sympathy with the Sheffield Wednesday chairman....
longmover
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: 30 Sep 2023, 09:56 I read The Athletic article about Hilton the other week. A litany of dodgy stuff, summarised as starting and closing many different companies under a range of different pseudonyms.

“An investigation by The Athletic has found that a man we strongly believe to be Hilton was sentenced to two years in prison for 15 counts of fraud by false representation under the name of David Anderson.

In a case that started at Nottingham Crown Court in late 2014, Anderson was also disqualified from being a company director for five years after pleading guilty to 15 charges.

Hilton has made no secret of the fact he was born David White and changed his name to Hilton for unspecified “family reasons”. In fact, until very recently, Hilton still had a Facebook account under the name of David White.

According to Companies House, the government agency that keeps the register of British companies, there are multiple references to David White being a company director up to 2012. Between then and 2014, David Anderson is listed as a director of two different companies. Anderson then disappears and there is no further trace of him anywhere online. Hilton appears as a director of several companies in November 2017 and still has six active directorships.

White, Anderson and Hilton all share the same date of birth: October 9, 1977. A search of UK birth records reveals that a David White was born that day in Nottingham but no David Anderson or David Hilton.

The civil registration birth index also shows that the David White born on October 9, 1977, in Nottingham, later changed his surname to Mellors, another name by which Hilton has been known. David White’s mother’s maiden name is listed as Mellors on his birth certificate.

Companies House documents also show that David White and David Anderson have similar handwriting and signatures. And the address David Anderson gave to the court in 2014, “Forsythia Gardens, Nottingham”, also happens to be where a Kate White, Hilton’s sister, was registered as living at the time.

It is unclear if Hilton complied with the terms of the current non-League owners’ and directors’ test (OADT), overseen by the English Football Association (FA). It must be completed by every owner or director and requires the disclosure of “previous or other names”. Hilton’s form is not publicly available and Hilton did not reply when The Athletic asked if he had disclosed any previous names on the form.

Asked about this and David Anderson’s conviction for fraud, an FA spokesperson said: “We are aware of these serious allegations and are looking into them.”
just one look at his picture and you just know there's all this^^ (and more)