Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Ihearye
Happy New year to all
And a great 2nd half of the season
Nesty
Indeed
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Let’s start it with a win. Come on boys!
Jerry St Clair
These are the games we have between now and the end of the season. With a slightly pessimistic head on I thought I’d have a stab at a realistic points return. I reckon we can expect to pick up 27 points from the remaining games, meaning 47 points in total. 46 kept Cambridge up last season.

It’s going to be very tight. That last home game against Lincoln could be a nail-biting, humdinger.

Portsmouth (h) - loss
Bolton (a) - loss
Carlisle (h) - win
Derby (a) - draw
Wycombe (h) - win
Cambridge (a) - draw
Blackpool (h) - loss
Port Vale (h) - win
Wigan (a) - loss
Burton (h) - win
Charlton (h) - draw
Oxford (a) - loss
Barnsley (a) - draw
Peterborough (h) - loss
Fleetwood (a) - win
Exeter (h) - win
Orient (a) - draw
Bristol Rovers (h) - draw
Lincoln (h) - win
Stevenage (a) - loss
Warwickshire Robin
Jerry St Clair wrote: 02 Jan 2024, 14:19 These are the games we have between now and the end of the season. With a slightly pessimistic head on I thought I’d have a stab at a realistic points return. I reckon we can expect to pick up 27 points from the remaining games, meaning 47 points in total. 46 kept Cambridge up last season.

It’s going to be very tight. That last home game against Lincoln could be a nail-biting, humdinger.

Portsmouth (h) - loss
Bolton (a) - loss
Carlisle (h) - win
Derby (a) - draw
Wycombe (h) - win
Cambridge (a) - draw
Blackpool (h) - loss
Port Vale (h) - win
Wigan (a) - loss
Burton (h) - win
Charlton (h) - draw
Oxford (a) - loss
Barnsley (a) - draw
Peterborough (h) - loss
Fleetwood (a) - win
Exeter (h) - win
Orient (a) - draw
Bristol Rovers (h) - draw
Lincoln (h) - win
Stevenage (a) - loss
You haven't listed the two rearranged games, Wycombe and Burton away, so should be a piece of cake! Pretty reasonable assessment I think, hopefully should be an exciting run in if we can keep our form going, not going to be boring anyway!
Jerry St Clair
Aha! Thanks. I took those fixtures from the official site.

In that case win at Burton, loss at Wycombe takes us to 50 points.
Warwickshire Robin
Jerry St Clair wrote: 02 Jan 2024, 14:30 Aha! Thanks. I took those fixtures from the official site.

In that case win at Burton, loss at Wycombe takes us to 50 points.
Just goes to show that staying up is still a very realistic possibility if we can build on the recent form and get a few breaks in terms of incomings and avoiding injuries/suspension to key players.

The only results you note that made me lift my eyebrows a bit were the draws at Derby & Barnsley but we do usually manage to bloody a nose or two of the big boys at some point during the season so why not those, other than that all seems very doable.
Shade
Staying up is more than possible. We have got 19 points since DC came in so, with the squad hopefully being strengthened now as well, there is no reason reason we can’t get at least 30 in half a season.
Jerry St Clair
Could not be happier to have got the very first prediction bang wrong!