shareholders donation

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

andgarod
so apparently there have been comments made about a donation from a shareholder
can anyone expand
how much
when
for what
is it allowed under fair play rules
I know under Baker people paid for the players signing on fee
so how does this sit
don't listen to the long Podcasts as I cannot believe how so many commentaters are not in management as they all know what a player should be doing
so anyone shed any light on donation
Robin
As I understand it shareholder donations are fine so long as not in the form of a loan. No idea how much the investment was but I'm skeptical it was very much lets face it unless it's six figures it won't make much of a difference given what we need.
horlickfanclub
Share purchase or loan are ways money could come in.
andgarod
horlickfanclub wrote: 15 Jan 2024, 18:08 Share purchase or loan are ways money could come in.
So buying shares is a donation
giving a loan is a donation

When I give a donation to a charity ( I am not saying that CTFC is a charity) like Guide dogs or any other charity I dont expect shares or to be paid back
Surely a donation is a give away with no strings attached
When the sponsor pays wages as at Reading is that a donation

If I had bought shares I would not call it a donation, did the chairman ( a lawyer) say a donation on the radio
As discussed what is within the fair rules

Not that we will ever know
London Exile
andgarod wrote: 15 Jan 2024, 17:18 so apparently there have been comments made about a donation from a shareholder
can anyone expand
how much
when
for what
is it allowed under fair play rules
I know under Baker people paid for the players signing on fee
so how does this sit
don't listen to the long Podcasts as I cannot believe how so many commentaters are not in management as they all know what a player should be doing
so anyone shed any light on donation
Was the shareholder donation not in addition to the council loan to install the solar panels?
Jerry St Clair
League One is covered by the Salary Cap Management Protocol which requires player salaries do not exceed 60% of relevant turnover.

“Relevant turnover” can include donations from benefactors, cash injections or equity injections.

So, essentially, money can be put into the club and added to the relevant turnover pot so we don’t breach SCMP rules.
andgarod
so if you are at the limit and put in £100K only £60k can be used for players
Swiss-Robin
Let's use some of it to KEEP Goodwin!!!