Matty Taylor confirmed

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

horlickfanclub
Missed that.What happened to Nuttall?
PCrobin
dunno, sprained an ankle getting up off a bench....?!
andgarod
6 days or 6 weeks
having just about recovered from a rupture calf muscle done getting g into car
and2 visits to a and e including scan and xray plus
I could not walk for 5 weeks and another 5 for the pain to go now need to build up
I assume a player is managed better than NHS but Taylor and street out for season
Nuttal niggle ferry Williams freestone
we go with what we have
1985CTFC
If Matty has a hamstring injury, and I presume it was. it was mentioned last night that a Bolton forward had a hammy and would be out for 4 weeks. Hopefully Matty could be back for the tail end games. Is Street out to season end officially?
Jerry St Clair
The communications on injuries seems have dried up completely since DC arrived.

In the Wade-era, the pre-match presser with JP would include a full run down of the injuries. We now get no news, presumably because DC doesn't want to give too much info away to opponents.

So, we don't even know what Street's injury is. And I don't think we'll hear anymore on Taylor. And Freestone. How serious is his injury? Is he available for Barnsley?
Malabus
Any news. As supporters' surely we have the right to know the (Matty Taylor) scan result.
ctfc-fan
He said before a match a few weeks back that he’s not giving out info and doing the opposition managers job for them.
Shade
This seems to have slipped under the radar (maybe as JP seems to be absent - hope he's alright - and it was posted by someone else). Ian Baraclough yesterday on Matty Taylor, from GlosLive:

“He’s hopeful that he could be back in a couple of three weeks but that’s just him, and you’ve got to be very careful with hamstring injuries,” continued Baraclough.

“He had one before as well, so, he knows his own body, but he’ll be desperate to get out there for the final push.”

So probably out for another month, by the sound of it, back for the last 4, maybe 5, games if we're lucky.
Horteng
Meanwhile Taylor's replacement Doidge is banging them in for FGR. Not bad business eh?
ctfc-fan
Horteng wrote:Meanwhile Taylor's replacement Doidge is banging them in for FGR. Not bad business eh?
You mean the 3 goals in 9 games compared to MT’s 4 in 8, the latter being in the league above? Great business.

Bear in mind if you’re saying we should have signed CD, who’s to say he’d even be interested? He may have had his heart set on returning to his former club and there’s no guarantee he’d have done anything in L1.
Horteng
ctfc-fan wrote: 16 Mar 2024, 07:35
Horteng wrote:Meanwhile Taylor's replacement Doidge is banging them in for FGR. Not bad business eh?
You mean the 3 goals in 9 games compared to MT’s 4 in 8, the latter being in the league above? Great business.

Bear in mind if you’re saying we should have signed CD, who’s to say he’d even be interested? He may have had his heart set on returning to his former club and there’s no guarantee he’d have done anything in L1.
Let’s review it at the end of the season. I’m not saying we were wrong to sign him I’m just saying it doesn’t seem as daft business by FGR like many made out.

Hopefully MT will be back soon and back on the score sheet for us.

And no I am not suggesting we should have signed Doidge.
Shade
Who said it was bad business by FGR? They got rid of a player who was doing nothing for them and brought in another proven scorer. The only way the bad business claims were directed were toward us.