Olayinka

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

QED
Still here a month after being made available. Either he has a terrible agent who can’t move him on, or a terrible attitude where he’d rather get paid to train for 5 months without playing proper games. Whichever it is, it’s not a great look to be sitting out the last half year of your contract at 23.
kiaora84
Can still be loaned to a NL side I believe.
Robin
He could have gone on loan in November when DC made them all available but I felt he was holding out for a league club or his contract being terminated.
Jerry St Clair
The fact no-one's bitten our hand off for him (or they have and he didn't want to go) suggests DC's judgement was right.
horlickfanclub
I think he should be given a chance further forward if we get any injuries. Its all very well writing a player out of "my plans" (D.C.) but plans go out the window as we have seen this week.
RS1978
Maybe it's got something to do with Baraclough coming in as assistant manager.

We've got 3/4 youngsters (Olayinka, King,Thomas) and another young-ish player struggling to adapt when coming in from another league (Keena). Baraclough has history with coaching young players (U21s) and knows the Irish leagues well ( he was Sligo's best recent manager a few years ago). Maybe he thinks that he can get a tune out of them?

If none of the signings that we've just made come off, then we need to have a Plan B - maybe this is it?