George Lloyd

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

CS85
In the last four games he's had 2 goals ruled out (today and bolton) when they have both been on side. He was taken out vs derby - no pen given. Just wtf are these officials playing at :?:
His luck has to start turning soon.
CTFCfan99
He's also constantly being kicked and pulled and only gets a free kick about 1 in 10 times. He might be my favourite player at the moment though, absolute warrior. When he starts banging the goals in he'll make us a few quid I'm sure.
CTFC.Harry
He’s unlucky when it comes to getting decisions and he’s had a few goals wrongly chalked off but he’s come on so much it’s been brilliant to see. Plied his time on the bench, out on loan at Hereford and Grimsby and now you can trust that every game he’ll make a nuisance for the centre backs, somehow win headers against big centre backs and create chances. Hope he renews this contract soon…
CS85
I'm not sure we'll be making any cash on Lloyd, he turns 24 tomorrow and is free to leave this summer,im assuming we'd have offered him a deal already but he's not interested as it would have been agreed and announced by now.
QED
It’s absolutely imperative we get a contract in front of George asap. Unless he’s asking silly money, he’s the best homegrown player we’ve had in forever and his work rate is a real asset.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
His upward trajectory under Duff was really set back by that Grimsby game when the Cod defender did a diving hand ball on the line to deny him with no penalty given.

He was starting to look really dangerous before then but after every game without scoring his confidence got less and less and he ended up becoming a bit part over following seasons and going out on loan.

I always think if that Grimsby defender hadn’t cheated Lloyd would have gone on a scoring run and it could have been different for him.
Shade
Glad to see my banging of the drum has been picked up by others :lol:
HamTown
I'm still torn on GL. I love alot of things about him but 2 of my niggles are:

1. What is the best formation and partnership(s) for him? It feels a little bit like "go out there, try and cause a bit of chaos and see what happens" rather than the focal point of any decent build up play or harmony with the rest of the forwards

2. Will he ever score goals regularly? 18 games and 2 goals isn't good enough (yes he's been unlucky with the disallowed goals recently)