Set Pieces under DC

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

1985CTFC
We have scored 28 goals under DC. I don't know if it is me, but we seem to score a hell of a lot of our goals via set pieces now, or as a result of a set piece. (throw ins, corners, free kicks even goal kicks I remember)
Would love to know how many of those 28 originate from a set piece including second ball.
Anyone got any idea of the figures?

I am sure it has been a dramatic increase from previous years.
Broadway Brian
No more than 28
CTFCfan99
By my reckoning these goals have all been either directly from a set piece or immediately after:

Long (1st goal) - Port Vale A
Sercombe (pen) - Wigan H
Street - Oxford H
Goodwin (pen) - Orient H
Lloyd x2 - Shrews H
Sercombe - Portsmouth H
Taylor - Wycombe H
Bonds x2 - Blackpool H
Taylor and Shepherd - Vale H
Taylor - Wigan A

So that's 13 of 28, and we also scored more or less directly from goal kicks vs Oxford and Vale, so 15 if you want to count those. Also seems the vast majority of our goals at home are from set pieces.
1985CTFC
CTFCfan99 wrote: 25 Feb 2024, 13:48 By my reckoning these goals have all been either directly from a set piece or immediately after:

Long (1st goal) - Port Vale A
Sercombe (pen) - Wigan H
Street - Oxford H
Goodwin (pen) - Orient H
Lloyd x2 - Shrews H
Sercombe - Portsmouth H
Taylor - Wycombe H
Bonds x2 - Blackpool H
Taylor and Shepherd - Vale H
Taylor - Wigan A

So that's 13 of 28, and we also scored more or less directly from goal kicks vs Oxford and Vale, so 15 if you want to count those. Also seems the vast majority of our goals at home are from set pieces.
Thought someone would have some idea as to the numbers. That is a significant number of goals for us, compared to where we used to be last year. Must be some work going in on the training ground. Well done to all involved.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
There certainly seems more purpose and less hope when we take corners etc
1985CTFC
Approx 20 games under DC and at least 15 goals from set piece play. Hopefully that ratio will continue to season end. along with goals from other than set play. He obviously came in with a plan or plans.