Referees for the Easter weekend

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jerry St Clair
Ollie Yates takes charge at Fleetwood. He's an experienced referee with nearly a decade on the EFL list. No Town appointments this season, but he did take charge of the New Years Day defeat at Bristol Rovers last season and the 0-0 draw with Burton towards the end of the 22/23 campaign.

Stephen Martin, a vastly experienced Championship referee, makes a rare sojourn into the lower reaches of the EFL for the game with Exeter. He has only refereed one Town game in the last 6 years and that was a 1-0 defeat at Accrington. His last match was Leeds v Millwall at Elland Road which surely will have been good preparation for the fevered atmosphere he'll encounter at Whaddon Road.
Jerry St Clair
A little reminder that today’s ref is an experienced, Championship regular.
Shade
Hang on, was it Chris Packet or Stephen Martin who needs to be complained about to the EFL?
Malabus
We truly have seen awful referees, but Stephen Martin got to be up there as the worst.
https://ipswich.vitalfootball.co.uk/ste ... -bad-joke/

Look at the yellow cards he has dished out. 🫨
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/stephen ... chter/1783

The corrupt Stephen Martin is located in Staffordshire, coincidentally where Port Vale and Burton are located.
Malabus
The conspiracy grows, he works as a firefighter in BURTON.
asl
And...and...and...I've heard his favourite films are Beetlejuice, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Alice in Wondered, Cluedo and Batman.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
asl wrote: 01 Apr 2024, 19:37 And...and...and...I've heard his favourite films are Beetlejuice, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Alice in Wondered, Cluedo and Batman.
He had a nightmare after Easter.
Malabus
:roll:
Last edited by Malabus on 02 Apr 2024, 00:11, edited 2 times in total.
Malabus
https://www.facebook.com/StaffsFire/vid ... 661133576/

Former fireman at BURTON and yet the blind cannot not see the corruption.
Jerry St Clair
Unfathomable as it might seem, Stephen Martin will officiate in the Premier League this weekend. :shock:

He's the fourth official for the relegation 6-pointer between Everton and Burnley.
Shade
Nice little promotion after screwing over Cheltenham. The result they wanted.
1985CTFC
Looked at the Comments from Leeds Millwall game see below, These are the comments after the game, These were the number of them I kid you not The ref has form and bad form at that. All these from one game. They are not made up by me.
Please if anyone wants to, cut and paste and send to the referee assosiation and let them know how s#!t this referee is feel free. So that was his previous game to ours. Add our comments and I think we all get the picture. Many of the comments were from Leeds fans and they won!!
Sorry the list is long. Blame the useless Stephen Martin

Ridiculous that Cooper wasn't sent off. Gutless referee.

The buffoon in the middle of the park should get over his personal hang-ups & open his eyes.

Alas, and as Forest fans will no doubt testify, these imbeciles will continue to weak havoc with little or no comeback.

How Cooper stayed on only ref knows.

Should have had a penalty and cooper should have been off.

Poor referee

I've not missed VAR often this season, but if it were used in the championship we'd have had a penalty and Millwall would have been down to 10 men. To be honest I'm really not sure how the ref didn't give them, he had a clear view of each incident. MOT ALAW

The best argument for having VAR is the performance of the referee at Elland Road today

You are dead right. Very poor ref

Officials allowed Millwall to kick us off the park. Should have had 4 penalties and Copper could have been sent off 4 times before half time.

Great result despite the officials

The referee really should be stood down and sent to specsavers for a check up. Other opticians are available 😊

How Milwall kept 11 players on the pitch is a mystery, should of been down to at least 9 at best. And where was the ref looking when he didnt give us that penalty, he must have been day dreaming.

Millwall’s number 5 should have been sent off twice before half time. Leeds should have had 2 penalties but for incompetent/dishonest refereeing.

Was the referee related to the Millwall player Cooper as he should have been sent off twice. The assault on Roden was the clearest penalty ever seen this season. The ref needs removing from Championship games.

The "officials" was absolutely horrendous! Should be banished to Sunday league at best

They deserved to win and deffo should have had a penalty when Rodon was taken out in the penalty area.
The referee was in a great position and why he bottled it was baffling.

The ref clearly loves himself. You don’t go to see the game, you go to see him.
Yes, he’s a comedian and a bad one at that. Clueless

Good result despite the spineless referee. How Milwall ended the game with 11 players on the pitch is bewildering. MOT

Awful referee and linesman . Referee needs glasses, the state of his haircut

Cooper could have and should have been sent off...twice! A poor, poor referee not capable of taking control of a game.

The fa seriously need to look at the performance or lack of should I say regarding the referee,he was diabolical,and should join millwall in that Sunday league

Referee was diabolical, yes Cooper should have been sent off, as should Gnonto plus the linesman was asleep in the build up to your second goal.

Hope we don’t get that ref again,, he was terrible

Apart from the blatant penalty that he didn’t give,

Refereeing at it's worst, Steve Martin is a comedian and should spend less time looking at himself in the gym. Another referee who has to depend on Var.

The ref reminds me of Russell Howard. Not a fan..

But sometimes Russell Howard can tell a funny joke. This ref was a joke.

Diabolical ref

Awful afternoon for the officials, where do I START. Gnoto should have been sent off early for pushing down on Coopers throat with his elbow and then he goes and scores, Cooper should have been sent off and penalty awarded to Leeds and Leeds second goal was offside in the build up. Leeds deserved the win but the officiating was horrendous and really impacted the score