tonight

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

longmover
Bit of a strange vibe about tonight (for me anyway) a few things for this:

The fans forum
Murry Leaving the board
DC's future
A slight lingering feeling that we could still do it
Is another season in league one good for us (financially)?
This rearranged game taking place the same week as the final weekend
We could be relegated this evening
The board

it all seems to have a anti climatical feeling about it, where we're going to lose and everyone just sloaks off home not saying anything but knowing there could be a few 'busy' weeks ahead for CTFC.
asl
I hereby pledge that, if we win tonight, I'll be buying a ticket for the Stevenage game.
Si Robin
I know the likelihood is relegation will be confirmed tonight, but I can't accept it yet. Win and it's game on this Saturday.

We've got to keep the faith.
duckers
Darren Ferguson saying in his pre match that it’s a good opportunity for them to make lots of changes now they have settled for the playoffs. Even though they are favourites to finish 3rd, the interviewer suggested that it might be better for them to finish 4th so it’s more likely they play the out of form Barnsley over in form Lincoln or whoever finishes 7th, to which he didn’t disagree, he just wants a good performance to keep the momentum.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
If we can be certain about anything it is that football is full of surprises.

Relegation has hung over us like the sword of Damocles since August. We are all holding our breath now, prepared for it to finally drop and end the dread. But we cross fingers it stays hanging a little longer.
longmover
we're due a game where everything clicks and we're unplayable, if that's one game then let it be tonight and we'll take a chance on Saturday.
Fuller
DC said yesterday we’d picked up more injuries on Saturday so be interesting to see what sort of team he’ll be able to send out.
Terrible start, and looks like a poor end to the season too. No cup runs, manager possibly moving on, and now discontent the way the club is run by the board by some fans.
Not a season that I’ll wish to remember in a hurry.
But as the man sang….”never gonna give you up”
Ihearye
I am hoping and expecting us to produce the goods tonight, no idea why, but I refuse to believe that after the season we have gone through it will all be for nothing.
As far as the board is concerned, on reflection, my take is that once DB got the awkward question from Mark H, he didn't articulate his response very well and it seemed to go down hill from there. There did not seem to be anyone after that who wanted to hear any positives and we continued to hear a list of things we can't or won't do. I find it hard to believe that goals have not been set (staying in League one is not what I would deem a SMART goal). It is easy to get caught up in the moment and not take a step back and think before answering.
I do totally agree about the setting and presentation etc.
However, there is nothing that can't be addressed and rectified. Just get us over the line tonight and see what Saturday brings
COYR
Si Robin
Ihearye wrote: 23 Apr 2024, 14:49 I am hoping and expecting us to produce the goods tonight, no idea why, but I refuse to believe that after the season we have gone through it will all be for nothing.
As far as the board is concerned, on reflection, my take is that once DB got the awkward question from Mark H, he didn't articulate his response very well and it seemed to go down hill from there. There did not seem to be anyone after that who wanted to hear any positives and we continued to hear a list of things we can't or won't do. I find it hard to believe that goals have not been set (staying in League one is not what I would deem a SMART goal). It is easy to get caught up in the moment and not take a step back and think before answering.
I do totally agree about the setting and presentation etc.
However, there is nothing that can't be addressed and rectified. Just get us over the line tonight and see what Saturday brings
COYR
I agree with every single word of this
Warwickshire Robin
As per the rest of the season the emotions are all over the place right now. Read a report about Peterborough's potential line up this evening and I start to think maybe there's a chance, then I think to our squad situation with a large portion of them out injured and most of the rest seemingly held together with gaffer tape and baling twine and think maybe not.

Part of me won't be too upset if we get put out of our misery this evening so we can just put this godforsaken clusterf@ck of a season behind us, but I just sense we will scrape the win tonight to prolong the agony a few more days and then get relegated on Saturday to a 95th minute Curtis Davies o.g!

Anyway, off to get the hat & scarf ready for one last hurrah at WR this season and hope for the best!!
Jerry St Clair
My Blackburn supporting friend has confidently predicted that Cheltenham, having been in the relegation places all season, will escape on the final day. While Blackburn, having not been in the relegation places all season, will be dropped in it on the final day.

I’m on board with this and am already looking forward to a trip to Ewood next season.
CS85
A feeling of acceptance from me,I dont see how tonight will be any different to our last 4/5 home games.Plenty of huff and puff but a loss and relegation.
Saying some goodbyes to the vast majority of players.
The whole posh making loads of changes doesn't make a difference,they'll have a quality squad,our boys are knackered and carrying knocks.
Shade
First match I'll be unable to watch one way or another all season. Not sure if that's a good thing or not, tbh. Hopefully my absence brings a change of fortunes. May you all be going batshit crazy with passion and fist pumps at 9.40pm.
CTFCfan99
Like others I'm still clinging onto a bit of hope. We know we can be good enough, we've seen it plenty of times this season, but can we do it for two more games (and get the help we need too)?

Football has a funny way of producing fairytale moments, and being in the bottom 4 all season (since, what, the 2nd or 3rd game?) and escaping on the final day would certainly be one of those.

If only League One was normal and had 3 relegation spots instead of 4 :lol:
Garby74
Acceptance here too.
Will cheer my heart out none the less
Wanderlust
I expect your more experienced players to step up tonight and it's a great opportunity to go into your final game with a chance against Stevenage - who have nothing to play for. Very changed Posh team and every incentive to go for it.
Wanderlust
1 nil - excellent.
CTFCfan99
We need a 2nd and a 3rd here. This is a massive opportunity. You can tell this Peterborough side haven't played together.
Wanderlust
There's the second.
WTF was their defence doing?