The board could help

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

andgarod
Just a thought DC wants the away end full
Perhaps the board could subsidise the travel on Saturday
Regulars a £5 non regular £10
Come on the board
Benhall-Robin
The trouble is they've already been selling coach tickets at the standard rates before last night.

I understand the club have now requested additional coaches.
andgarod
I am sure they could refund those that purchased them
Oldun
Do I espy another opportunity to have ago at the Board. Mustn't miss out on that!
Robin
The majority of fans won't travel on coach, seems a bit unfair to do this, better to put money behind the bar at the ground so fans can have a beer or two.
asl
Robin wrote: 24 Apr 2024, 08:28 The majority of fans won't travel on coach, seems a bit unfair to do this, better to put money behind the bar at the ground so fans can have a beer or two.
Seems a bit unfair to do this...many fans will be driving or simply may not have any desire to have a beer or two that early in the day...
Robin
asl wrote: 24 Apr 2024, 08:33
Robin wrote: 24 Apr 2024, 08:28 The majority of fans won't travel on coach, seems a bit unfair to do this, better to put money behind the bar at the ground so fans can have a beer or two.
Seems a bit unfair to do this...many fans will be driving or simply may not have any desire to have a beer or two that early in the day...
:D :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
andgarod
Oldun wrote: 24 Apr 2024, 07:42 Do I espy another opportunity to have ago at the Board. Mustn't miss out on that!
Simple suggestion other clubs do this kind of thing

Anyone would think you are an old board member

So why not back your players and manager and club
And no way is there an e spy

COYR
ctfc-fan
Oldun wrote:Do I espy another opportunity to have ago at the Board. Mustn't miss out on that!
I was biting my tongue trying not to say something….
Ihearye
asl wrote: 24 Apr 2024, 08:33
Thought someone said the train would be leaving around 7.30? Seems late enough to have the first of the day :)
Shade
I can't be there so I don't really deserve a say, but I'd rather they put any money in to the budget for next season.
Robin
Shade wrote: 24 Apr 2024, 19:39 I can't be there so I don't really deserve a say, but I'd rather they put any money in to the budget for next season.
We have sold almost a thousand tickets without any free travel but come on a couple of coaches costs max £1000 for the day that's half a weeks wages for a player.
Oldun
I have a question about this topic.
Which is it?
Do those who advocate this want the BOD to agree to take money out to the club "kitty" to help pay for supporters to travel to Stevenage or is the proposal that the Directors themselves should dig into their own pockets and personally subsidise the trip?
If the former, it is a totally bizarre idea, especially as around a week ago we were hearing about the need for the club to invest in its infrastructure. playing budget etc.
If the latter, we move from the sublime to the ridiculous. Why on earth should those guys, who are already VOLUNTEERING their time, energy, expertise, and experience be expected to do this as well?
Both notions are from another planet!
BTW...if it is the latter idea, why stop at the BOD? Why not ask ask other "groups" involved at the club to chip in? Maybe the Ground staff could be asked, or the caterers, or the stewards? Any other groups come to mind?
Shade
Oldun wrote: 24 Apr 2024, 20:24 I have a question about this topic.
Which is it?
Do those who advocate this want the BOD to agree to take money out to the club "kitty" to help pay for supporters to travel to Stevenage or is the proposal that the Directors themselves should dig into their own pockets and personally subsidise the trip?
If the former, it is a totally bizarre idea, especially as around a week ago we were hearing about the need for the club to invest in its infrastructure. playing budget etc.
If the latter, we move from the sublime to the ridiculous. Why on earth should those guys, who are already VOLUNTEERING their time, energy, expertise, and experience be expected to do this as well?
BTW...if it is the latter idea, why stop at the BOD? Why not ask ask other "groups" involved at the club to chip in? Maybe the Ground staff could be asked, or the caterers, or the stewards? Any other groups come to mind?
Well said, totally agree tbh. The board don't owe the fans anything. Fans pay to go if they want to go. They don't if they don't. This whole idea that anyone else should pay for others is symptomatic of today's culture of people thinking they are owed something just for being alive.
andgarod
Shade wrote: 24 Apr 2024, 21:38
Oldun wrote: 24 Apr 2024, 20:24 I have a question about this topic.
Which is it?
Well said, totally agree tbh. The board don't owe the fans anything. Fans pay to go if they want to go. They don't if they don't. This whole idea that anyone else should pay for others is symptomatic of today's culture of people thinking they are owed something just for being alive.
So other clubs that try to get behind their team by supporting them and encouraging support get knocks down by the oldun

It would have been a nice gesture but I wish I never suggested it
It was not in the plan so who gives a monkey
So I hope that the oldun has his plan for next season
I assume he will be applying for all the vacancies in the closed season or will he just grow old

Nothing new or radical
Over to you oldun tell us how we move forward whichever league we are in for 24/25
Si Robin
What a strange post. Someone doesn't agree with your idea so you attack them completely.

I agree with Shade and Oldun, the board shouldn't pay for fans to go on Saturday. We're supporters - the clue is in the name. If you can afford to go and have the time, then get there. If you can't, then no judgment from me, be there in spirit.
andgarod
So Oldun can take a post and have a pop at me - espy another attack on the board

It was a suggestion on how the board could help people out and win a few friends
I dont have a problem with people having a different view but some just want to create their own little pop

Just say you dont support the idea as you have Si or Shade but dont mis represent the message as something it was not

4 going by car so would not have taken advantage of any extra support

Sorry for having an idea!
Horteng
Out of interest will CTFC make any money from the tickets sold?
asl
Horteng wrote: 25 Apr 2024, 07:00 Out of interest will CTFC make any money from the tickets sold?
I believe we make a small percentage (maybe 5%?) from advance sales of away tickets.
Ihearye
Si Robin wrote: 24 Apr 2024, 22:34 What a strange post. Someone doesn't agree with your idea so you attack them completely.

I agree with Shade and Oldun, the board shouldn't pay for fans to go on Saturday. We're supporters - the clue is in the name. If you can afford to go and have the time, then get there. If you can't, then no judgment from me, be there in spirit.
Did I hear correctly on Tuesday night, that the game is also on ifollow?
Si Robin
It is. It kicks off at half 12 so is not effected by the 3pm blackout.
Ihearye
Si Robin wrote: 25 Apr 2024, 07:29 It is. It kicks off at half 12 so is not effected by the 3pm blackout.
an added bonus for those that can't make the journey
Oldun
Wow!
I asked a straightforward question and I await an answer.
I will simplify it even more so all that is required is a "YES" or a "NO",

Do you think that the members of the board of directors should out of their own pockets subsidise the cost of the trip to Stevenage?

YES or NO?
Ihearye
Sorry, is this a five minute argument or the full half hour? :D
Oldun
Its ten seconds to answer the question!
horlickfanclub
My answer is No.
longmover
it would be a nice gesture from the club that would show some thanks for a quite awful season and doing their bit to get as many supporters to a vital game.

ST's go on sale soon so maybe a good bit of PR for the club (if they want it).
asl
Chuff me...on the verge of our most important single game since our last play-off final and our fans manage to find something to have a row about...

Poster A: i hold this opinion.
Poster B: I disagree with your opinion.
Both: that's cool, hope we win on Saturday!

See how feckin' easy it is????
andgarod
Oldun wrote: 25 Apr 2024, 08:32 Wow!

Do you think that the members of the board of directors should out of their own pockets subsidise the cost of the trip to Stevenage?

YES or NO?
Hi Oldun
If you look at the original post I did not mention board members paying out of their own pockets
So you can therefore work out the answer just as you want to infer other things hidden in the post

and please dont shout its not good for the blood pressure

Have a good day and see you at Stevenage
Ralph
andgarod wrote: 25 Apr 2024, 09:45
Oldun wrote: 25 Apr 2024, 08:32 Wow!

YES or NO?
Hi Oldun
If you look at the original post I did not mention board members paying out of their own pockets
You said..
andgarod wrote: 23 Apr 2024, 22:23 Just a thought DC wants the away end full
Perhaps the board could subsidise the travel on Saturday
Regulars a £5 non regular £10
Come on the board
Sounds like you want them to pay out of their own pockets to me