Last day nerves - rules of engagement

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Ben3
I thought it worth pointing out the obvious rules of engagement for all on the nest tomorrow:

1) Under no circumstances WHATSOEVER can anyone jinx the day. If we're 4-0 up at half time and burton 5-0 down? Nobody say 'This looks good'
2) Reverse mockers are fine, and to be encouraged. 'Nutall couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo...' etc etc
3) Any result is not the result or fault of any individual player
4) Win or lose Darryl Clarke needs to be offered a long contract

COYR
CS85
"Darrell clarke we want you to stay",needs to be heard after the game no matter what the result.

Very much looking forward to the game, but obviously its odds against us from the very start.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ben3 wrote: 26 Apr 2024, 12:27 I thought it worth pointing out the obvious rules of engagement for all on the nest tomorrow:

1) Under no circumstances WHATSOEVER can anyone jinx the day. If we're 4-0 up at half time and burton 5-0 down? Nobody say 'This looks good'
2) Reverse mockers are fine, and to be encouraged. 'Nutall couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo...' etc etc

COYR
Do reverse mockers work if deployed deliberately to trick fate? Won’t fate simply call the double bluff and leave the barn door untouched?
Ben3
Fair point RCS. Anyone who applies reverse mockers has to do so with the best (and most innocent) of intentions.
CTFCfan99
Can we also all agree to start spelling Darrell's name correctly if we stay up?

I've seen a lot of variations including Darryl, Darrel, Darren to name a few. It's not that hard :lol:
Ben3
CTFCfan99 wrote: 26 Apr 2024, 14:05 Can we also all agree to start spelling Darrell's name correctly if we stay up?

I've seen a lot of variations including Darryl, Darrel, Darren to name a few. It's not that hard :lol:
;)

No. That's part of the establishment trying to get you to cause a jinx.

Resist at all costs
Jerry St Clair
If you have lucky pants/socks/scarves/shirts/routines bring them all.

Tomorrow is not the day to do something different.
plymrob
Am very much on onside with these.

and this...

"Darrell clarke we want you to stay",needs to be heard after the game no matter what the result.

I just feel this a 'Cheltenham Thing'... and think that was a thing for one season... but for lot's of us it is always there.

COYR
plymrob
I should have ended ... "always the thing". My mistake!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Jerry St Clair wrote: 26 Apr 2024, 14:39 If you have lucky pants/socks/scarves/shirts/routines bring them all.

Tomorrow is not the day to do something different.
Got my coffee in my lucky CTFC mug. Made sure my CTFC socks were clean earlier in the week.