Game Last Night

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

MittonRobin
First of all, Great Result! After the first 15 minutes i would never have seen that result coming.

I touched on this yesterday but wanted to give my opinion a little on the atmosphere...…… for the first half it was like there was only Ipswich Fans in the ground. Can anyone understand why this was? it was a little embarrassing to be honest. Getting fed up with this " Little old Cheltenham c!#p "
Also sat in the In2print ( for the first time in a very long time ) and could not hear any music before the game, is this normal. it was all just soooo quiet

Look forward to hopefully a few answers just so i can sleep at night :) :)
Si Robin
It's nothing to do with little old Cheltenham and entirely to do with the Hazelwoods having the best acoustics in the ground.

A small number of fans will be heard over a large number elsewhere in the ground. With that being said, of the 995 Ipswich fans, I'd say fewer than a couple of hundred wouldn't have been singing last night.
COYR
Yes the away end offers better acoustics, but last night proved that it's not just about the acoustics in the home ends. It is about our supporters opening their mouths and getting behind the site, did the acoustics improve in the second half or were more home fans singing?

Quite simple isn't it.
Anteros
Congratulations to Micheal and players!
What changed so much in the second half? Was it tactical changes by duff or solely down to the players?
Just hope desperately that we keep hold of Boyle until January. He is quality.
Si Robin
COYR wrote:Yes the away end offers better acoustics, but last night proved that it's not just about the acoustics in the home ends. It is about our supporters opening their mouths and getting behind the site, did the acoustics improve in the second half or were more home fans singing?

Quite simple isn't it.
Or did it seem louder from the Cheltenham ends because the Ipswich fans were silent for the last 10 mins or so?
MittonRobin
Si Robin wrote:
COYR wrote:Yes the away end offers better acoustics, but last night proved that it's not just about the acoustics in the home ends. It is about our supporters opening their mouths and getting behind the site, did the acoustics improve in the second half or were more home fans singing?

Quite simple isn't it.
Or did it seem louder from the Cheltenham ends because the Ipswich fans were silent for the last 10 mins or so?
Trust me i could hear both quite clearly and for the first 50-60 minutes you would think us Cheltenham Fans were not in the ground. It was really, really quiet for such a huge game like that.

The club needs to do something before the game with the music etc, and getting supporters up for the game in front of them ( like every other club does ) in my opinion.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
MittonRobin wrote:
Si Robin wrote:

Quite simple isn't it.
Trust me i could hear both quite clearly and for the first 50-60 minutes you would think us Cheltenham Fans were not in the ground. It was really, really quiet for such a huge game like that.

The club needs to do something before the game with the music etc, and getting supporters up for the game in front of them ( like every other club does ) in my opinion.
There is music but it is not audible in the CF. Came through loud and clear on iFollow as did Ipswich fans and later on CTFC fans.
Hubert Parry
I think the SLO mentioned that there was a fault that is being addressed in the Colin Farmer.
COYR
Si Robin wrote:

Quite simple isn't it.
No.

When the Red Army Group and the Speedy Skips are all in song we can compete with noisy away fans.

It just doesn't happen very often. The Red Army lot cannot do it alone.
Shade
If people want to watch the game and not sing, what are you gonna do about it? You can't force people to sing if they don't want to. But last night proved that there are more willing if they are "up for it".
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Maybe bigger and better bars at and around the ground would get more people in the mood for singing from the off.
MittonRobin
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Maybe bigger and better bars at and around the ground would get more people in the mood for singing from the off.
Something needs to be done because for half hour before the game and 60 minutes during the game i thought it was pretty Shocking :(
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
MittonRobin wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Maybe bigger and better bars at and around the ground would get more people in the mood for singing from the off.
Something needs to be done because for half hour before the game and 60 minutes during the game i thought it was pretty Shocking :(
One thing I have seen elsewhere is clubs giving big discounts on drinks purchased, say, between 1pm and 1.45pm before a 3pm match. If the beer and bar is good and the discount makes it as cheap or cheaper than a pub then it gets people in early and come 2.30 the vocal chords will be nicely lubricated for pre-match singing.

Where is our drummer these days?
Nesty
I watched the game on Ifollow (what a shame that all games arent on this platform) - I had a lump in my throat - what a game , what drama, so proud of our lads - so nice to see and hear the fans back too. As to whether it ranks as better than Leeds or not would depend on whether we do the double on Ipswich or not, but it certainly must be in the top 10 memorable matches. A shame that the memory will be blotted by the goalkeeping howler and thank god the 2nd goal didnt materialise (what a miss !!).
well done lads
Red Duke
Nesty wrote:I watched the game on Ifollow (what a shame that all games arent on this platform) - I had a lump in my throat - what a game , what drama, so proud of our lads - so nice to see and hear the fans back too. As to whether it ranks as better than Leeds or not would depend on whether we do the double on Ipswich or not, but it certainly must be in the top 10 memorable matches. A shame that the memory will be blotted by the goalkeeping howler and thank god the 2nd goal didnt materialise (what a miss !!).
well done lads
I think that the error by Evans on the first goal (after watching the goal from 1887 Red Army Coverage it was not as bad as I first thought) was made up for his reaction of not giving up after Macauley Bonne has gone past him.
Nesty
fair points..
Shade
I don't think he should be blamed for that, or at least it should be quickly forgotten. He was probably expecting a cross to be sent back in so was preparing to go to his left to go after it, and next thing the left back has smashed a 1 in 50 lightning bolt to his right.