Michael Duff on Ben Tozer's departure

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
https://bit.ly/DuffOnTozerDeparture" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Not turning up for training to force a move. Not captain material. Non-league behaviour from a non-league journeyman. Glad he has gone.
asl
Distinct parallels with the way a certain other player forced a move in the past, if you ask me... He may have turned up for training but he sure as hell didn't want to play Notts County.
Robin
asl wrote:Distinct parallels with the way a certain other player forced a move in the past, if you ask me... He may have turned up for training but he sure as hell didn't want to play Notts County.
Exactly our current mgr did a very similar thing when we turned down the bid from Stoke all those years ago. I'm not happy with losing Tozer but we've got a relatively decent fee for him and I do believe the club have done all they can in the difficult situation.
Robin
asl wrote:Distinct parallels with the way a certain other player forced a move in the past, if you ask me... He may have turned up for training but he sure as hell didn't want to play Notts County.
Exactly our current mgr did a very similar thing when we turned down the bid from Stoke all those years ago. I'm not happy with losing Tozer but we've got a relatively decent fee for him and I do believe the club have done all they can in the difficult situation.
Shade
Having read all that MD and Bloxham have had to say, I'm still disappointed we only got £200k for him but understand that we had to take it.

Disappointed in Tozer. I dont blame him at all for wanting to more than double his wages for 3 years but I thought he had more respect for the club, fans and manager than that.

How utterly ridiculous is it that Wrexham can be classed as in a different country when playing in the English league system. Who do they answer to, the English or Welsh FA???
Si Robin
The Welsh - if they have a sending off and appeal, the Welsh FA will determine if it's overturned.
ctfc-fan
Well maybe we should kick them out of the English leagues unless they want to play by our rules and not use their own.
Horteng
ctfc-fan wrote:Well maybe we should kick them out of the English leagues unless they want to play by our rules and not use their own.
It will probably naturally happen when their backers get bored and they end up in financial disarray.. You know it will happen at some point......
ctfc-fan
I meant all Welsh clubs! Never liked Cardiff either….

I don’t see how they are allowed to play in another countries league but can use their countries rules?
Si Robin
My understanding is that they were invited by the Football League (not the FA of course).
longmover
You honestly think Tozer gives a 5hit if Wrexham get promoted or not? That's the problem with these clubs chucking the money around the players they attract could not give a toss if the club go up or not.

Anyway we need to forget Tozer now until we get drawn against them in the FA cup.
ctfc-fan
Agree LM. Even if they get promoted, it’s at least another year before he could play in league one again and by that time he won’t be good/for enough.