Callum Wright: best CTFC player ever (in his position)?

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I cannot think of another attacking/ creative midfielder we have had who is as good as Wright. He already looks one of the best in L1 and will only get better as the season goes on.
HamTown
McCann?

I agree he is up there though. It seemed like moments before sky were saying "he's only had 4 touches all game" then calmly slots home from outside the box
Robin
He's a very good player but not sure he's quite best of all time. I'd imagine he'll be playing in the Championship next season though at someone like Swansea.
asl
I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't pushing for a place on Leicester's Premiership bench in a year's time.
shevates
He has a quality which we have lacked since Grants time here at Cheltenham
Nesty
Going back in time Steve Brookes and Archie Howells
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Nesty wrote:Going back in time Steve Brookes and Archie Howells
They were certainly good. Archie was one of the best in the Conference, and decent in Div 3. They were a different level to Wright though and the game was different full stop…not comparable in my view.

Even McCann was much slower and more one-footed.
Benctfc
Reminds me a bit of Lampard in the way he seems to pop up in goal scoring positions in and around the box and how effective his long range shots are. Only thing he needs to work on may be his fitness as he seems to struggle to see out matches but hopefully that will improve as the season develops.
Shade
Benctfc wrote:Reminds me a bit of Lampard in the way he seems to pop up in goal scoring positions in and around the box and how effective his long range shots are. Only thing he needs to work on may be his fitness as he seems to struggle to see out matches but hopefully that will improve as the season develops.
Someone's been listening to Duffo's pre-match interviews ;)
Nesty
One of the funniest quips I heard coming from the "comics" who sat in front of me at most home matches in those days concerned Steve Brookes, they were debating his worth to the team, and one said "he strikes a fantastic dead ball" to which his mate replied "its when the ball is moving he's in trouble " !!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Another great display. Classiest player on the pitch. Some great little loves with KJ towards the end.
Shade
Based on what I saw, with some more starts under his belt Perry might be pushing Wright. Only good news for us. Both were very good today, but Wright is obviously more match fit and in sync with his team mates at the moment.