Lee Johnson

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
More threads and posts tonight on Sunderland’s forum calling for him to go than the RNF gets in a month.

If he is still in charge when they come to Whaddon the travelling fans will not be happy.

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/p ... o.1563760/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Robin
They are fifth with a game in hand, other than this little blip they've been doing really well. Shows the fickle nature of football fans.
little mo
Robin wrote:They are fifth with a game in hand, other than this little blip they've been doing really well. Shows the fickle nature of football fans.
Especially Sunderland fans.
Red Duke
Robin wrote:They are fifth with a game in hand, other than this little blip they've been doing really well. Shows the fickle nature of football fans.
I assume it is not the position they are in the league that is causing the concern but it is the level of performance from the players.
horlickfanclub
Deluded fans.Have they merged with Spurs and Newcastle? Spurland Pies.
Si Robin
To be fair - it's Lee Johnson all over. He's a very streaky manager. When he came in last season they were brilliant, but then they started losing and I think they were shocking towards the end of the season.

They've started this one like a train, but now they're losing again. It's possible that, at some point, they'll start winning again, but Johnson's record at Bristol City will indicate that's not a guarantee.
longmover
classic Johnson 'slide' and known for it, he's never won promotion with any club he has been manager of, what do they expect?
Artemis
Si Robin wrote:To be fair - it's Lee Johnson all over. He's a very streaky manager. When he came in last season they were brilliant, but then they started losing and I think they were shocking towards the end of the season.

They've started this one like a train, but now they're losing again. It's possible that, at some point, they'll start winning again, but Johnson's record at Bristol City will indicate that's not a guarantee.
I believe his nickname in some quarters is indeed "streaky"
Shade
That nickname needs to evolve into Bacon.

"Why do people call him Bacon?"
"'cause he's streaky"
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Yeah they have been against Streaky Lee (as Quest pundits call him) since Day One. They wanted someone with promotion on the CV so never wanted him in in the first place.
Malabus
They do concede goals.
Horteng
longmover wrote:classic Johnson 'slide' and known for it, he's never won promotion with any club he has been manager of, what do they expect?
Dont forget the operation bounceback under Gary. An incredible achievement
Shade
Horteng wrote:
longmover wrote:classic Johnson 'slide' and known for it, he's never won promotion with any club he has been manager of, what do they expect?
Wrong Johnson though. Gary has won several titles, Lee hasn't.
Ben version 4:0
I can't see Sunderland amounting to much with Winchester in the side. Look how FGR have improved since he left
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ben version 4:0 wrote:I can't see Sunderland amounting to much with Winchester in the side. Look how FGR have improved since he left
You would have got on well with Ben 3. Shame your paths never crossed.
Horteng
Shade wrote:
Horteng wrote:
Wrong Johnson though. Gary has won several titles, Lee hasn't.
Sorry I thought he was generalising the Johnsons
Benctfc
It is a tough league this season. Gone are the days where just because you were a big club it guaranteed you promotion. This year you have lots of big clubs but also the likes of Rotherham,Wycombe,MK Dons who also have squads more than capable of challenging for the league. Bit of perspective needed from there fans if they thought they were going to coast tp the league title this season.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Sunderland knocked out at home to Mansfield. Won’t help Lee.
longmover
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Sunderland knocked out at home to Mansfield. Won’t help Lee.
mansfield are 5hit
Nesty
although the link to CTFC is a bit tenuous it is still interesting - I feel for the fans of any club getting attendances like Sunderland and also Bradford and getting scant value for money
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Nesty wrote:although the link to CTFC is a bit tenuous it is still interesting - I feel for the fans of any club getting attendances like Sunderland and also Bradford and getting scant value for money
League One, so it is in the right section. Wasn’t claiming any more of a link to CTFC than that.
Ralph
Nesty wrote:although the link to CTFC is a bit tenuous it is still interesting - I feel for the fans of any club getting attendances like Sunderland and also Bradford and getting scant value for money
It's L1, it's entitled to be here
Nesty
oops - indeed
Hubert Parry
This forum only allows topics on League 2 apparently, so this should be in Other Footy.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Lee in the national press talking about the curse of Sunderland….

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... 5404209?1=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Some especially vicious comments about Johnson after tonight’s draw at ten men Shrews.

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/l ... w.1565338/