Cheltenham Town v Cambridge United

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Live updates here this evening: https://bit.ly/vCambridgeH
Anteros
Sadly this is the first shocking performance of the season...
itsallbollox
[quote="Anteros"]Sadly this is the first shocking performance of the season...[/quote]
Mike Duff called it in his pre match, saying that if were not on it well get another hammering. How true.
longtimerobin
you could see the players ere not up for it after half an hour of play should of made changes before half time
Shade
When was the last time we lost by 5 or more at home in a league game? I can remember us conceding 4's, 5's and 6's at home, but can't think of us losing by 5 or more. Maybe the relegation season 2014/15? Or under Allen maybe?
RobinHood
[quote="Shade"]When was the last time we lost by 5 or more at home in a league game? I can remember us conceding 4's, 5's and 6's at home, but can't think of us losing by 5 or more. Maybe the relegation season 2014/15? Or under Allen maybe?[/quote]

Coventry at home (6-1) a few years ago is the only one that springs to mind.
HamTown
That really was woeful.

Even before the 1st goal with Hussey's diving header in the 6 yard box you could tell the defence were a bit of a mess.

Wright and Crowley together doesn't seem to work.

May up top on his own doesn't seem to work.

Boyle can't come back soon enough.
Alf
Our defending was pitiful last night, especially the first goal, which started the landslide.
I thought that until then Cambridge looked average and we looked most likely to get the first goal.
The first goal really seemed to affect us and we went downhill from there.
Nesty
Dreadful
everyman
[quote="Alf"]Our defending was pitiful last night, especially the first goal, which started the landslide.
I thought that until then Cambridge looked average and we looked most likely to get the first goal.
The first goal really seemed to affect us and we went downhill from there.[/quote]
Cambridge played to their potential each one gave everything and probably earned 7`s,whereas none of ours would have earned 5`s.Although Joseph looked positive when he came on.The lack of quality in the squad is a major problem which must be adressed.
Nesty
That was by far the worst display of MD's tenure. Too many passes went awry, we made too many poor decisions, including MD in only playing with one striker. Applause to the fans who endured that garbage in the pouring rain.
Inevitably Smith scored.
For me only Alfie comes out of the game with anything more than a 6
A few would stuglle to get more than 2 or 3
Crawley twisted and turned so much it was a wonder he didnt disappear up his own a***

I just hope it was a one off performance
Warwickshire Robin
Not much to add on last night, terrible performance all round, Alfie definitely the best of a bad bunch. Thought the ‘boos’ whilst understandable were a bit unnecessary in the context of the season. I didn’t ‘boo’ but didn’t offer any applause at the end either, those have to be earned.

The team looks flat at the moment, whether that is fatigue I don’t know although it shouldn’t really be as there is only Huss, Longy & Scott I can think of who have been pretty much ever present and not missed games through injury etc. Also agree with HamTown when he says Crowley & Wright doesn’t seem to work, think it has to be either/or.

My question is do we have too many options up front? We seem to chop and change game by game and so no pair ever seem to get a chance to develop a partnership. With Christian Norton’s loan ending in January do we then try to get a regular pair up front with a run of matches to develop that partnership? This could then open a loan place to add a holding type midfielder instead who can add some steel in there as the last few games we have began to look a bit powder puff without Conor Thomas