Huddersfield

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

asl
Sack the golden boys, brothers Cowley. Seems an odd decision.

Sent from my SM-G9860 using Tapatalk
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Weird one. Safe and one game left. Odd.
longmover
replaced by the U23 coach of Leeds Utd, i presume the name Cowley isn't glamorous enough
Shade
I assume that they hope Corboron will bring everything Bielsa brought to Leeds.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Cowley’s found out. Can see them back in non-league before too long.
GrahamPC
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Cowley’s found out. Can see them back in non-league before too long.
You may be right or could be wrong.
But I'm pretty sure that another EFL club will take a punt on them.
Up until Huddersfield they had known nothing but great success even taking a pub team [Braintree] to the Conference promotion play-offs.
That cup run with Lincoln generated more income for the club than it had made in many-a-year.
The brothers are great motivators for both their players and supporters.
That is what chairmen look at whenever they are looking around for their next manager.

Downside is, of course, they go the the far edge of the grey area in complying within the rules. Hence their unpopularity with opposition teams.
longmover
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Cowley’s found out. Can see them back in non-league before too long.
I'd have them here (should the situation change), they're good at their jobs. But like Nathan Jones found out managing a team full of ex premier league players with monumental egos compared to when you've managed lower league teams is probably the hardest part for these guys to address.
Shade
I was so hoping Luton went down. Jones is a nasty little s#!t.
longmover
all managers can be nasty shits, some do theirs publicly
Shade
Exactly. They can be, but a lot/most choose to not be in public, making them not as much nasty little shits as the likes of Jones and Evans. I wasn't surprised in the slightest to see Jones having a pushing match with a Blackburn member of staff moments after the final whistle confirmed they were staying up last Wednesday evening, after giving it the big'un in front of their dugout.