Crewe Alex

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

longmover
There are no words for how crewe are dealing (or not dealing) with this:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/crew ... -d6l62n785" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What a horrible little club, how can people 'pay' to follow this lot?
Shade
Or be associated with them. Imagine being Artell after that. I'd be absolutely fuming.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Artell should walk.
longmover
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Artell should walk.
Basically being told not to apologies for quite horrendous 'proven' crimes, how do the club explain this?
Hubert Parry
I am unable to read the article and I must admit to not having followed the case with great diligence, but just thinking with my legal hat on, could it be the case that Crewe are concerned about potential civil claims being brought against them and a public apology is effectively an admission of liability?

I am not suggesting this is the case but it might explain what might appear to be an unfathomable response?
asl
I agree, HP. It might be like the advice that if you're involved in a car crash, don't apologise.
longmover
Potentially but if there are claims then they have to deal with it, to me it looks as though they are still trying to push this under the carpet, like they always have done, they're still attempting to remove Crewe from blame.
Hubert Parry
What would you expect them to say bearing in mind that they wouldn't want to admit liability?