The game will inevitably change.

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Malabus
With recent research about potential brain damage when heading the ball. The majority of this edvidence indicates that as a defender you are more than five times likely to suffer from dementia.

Will we see headguard protection or maybe heading to be ruled out in the game all together - whatever the decision there will be changes to bow down to health & safety demands.
Shade
Genuine question, has anyone been diagnosed with dementia since balls got lighter, ie anyone from the late 90's (I think) onwards?
Malabus
Shade wrote:Genuine question, has anyone been diagnosed with dementia since balls got lighter, ie anyone from the late 90's (I think) onwards?
Not answering your good question. I have found (quickly) an article regarding 1980's footballers.

The foundation is aware of more than 300 ex-footballers who were diagnosed with dementia, including the first cases from those who played in the 1980s.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... a-22548884" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Artificial pitches and ban over head height balls and the game will be more fun to play and watch.
Malabus
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Artificial pitches and ban over head height balls and the game will be more fun to play and watch.
Seriously...
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Malabus wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Artificial pitches and ban over head height balls and the game will be more fun to play and watch.
Seriously...
Obviously won’t happen and not a serious suggestion for the game. But I am serious when saying it would be more exciting because it would mean faster more on the ground play.