Register    Login    Search    FAQ

CTFC.com Official Site Cheltenham Town FC 500 Club

Other Useful Links:     Leo's Blog    Robins Trust    CTFC Chatter    Football Ground Guide    This is Gloucestershire    News Now    CTFC History Site

Board index » THE NEST » OTHER FOOTY

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Post subject: Messi
 Post Posted: 05 Aug 2021, 18:37 

Leaving Barca.

Get on the phone Duffo!

Top  Share on FacebookShare on Twitter
 Post subject: Re: Messi
 Post Posted: 05 Aug 2021, 20:38 

Barcelona £1 billion in debt...was expecting this in all honesty

Post Posted: 08 Aug 2021, 15:00 

Messi's representatives have apparently reached an agreement with Arsenal. They've agreed that there's absolutely no chance of that happening, whatsoever.

Made me chuckle, anyway...

Post Posted: 09 Aug 2021, 08:14 

Messi crying :lol:

if it means that much to you mate play for a 1st year scholar or youth team salary, you don't need anymore money. No doubt will go and play in the farmers league for another astronomical sum.

Twat.

Post Posted: 09 Aug 2021, 09:22 

Truth. I get he would be sad leaving a home he doesn't want to leave but, with his wealth, he doesn't have to leave. As you say, off to the graveyard to play 10-15 competitive games a season for £100m.

Post Posted: 10 Aug 2021, 12:36 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58159464

The greatest ever player eh? tbf this maybe a ploy to sniff out the prem as its only over the channel get used to the weather and that ;)

Post Posted: 10 Aug 2021, 17:49 

I heard last night on 5Live that he could only stay at Barca if they paid 50% of what he was previously earning, as that's Spanish contract law, apparently. So I take back my previous comments about him not having to leave. But they did also say that Barca just screwed up by not sorting it out before his contract lapsed, as they could have agreed a huge pay cut then, but as soon as it lapsed and it's a new contract instead of an extension that was it.

Post Posted: 11 Aug 2021, 08:42 

Shade wrote:
I heard last night on 5Live that he could only stay at Barca if they paid 50% of what he was previously earning, as that's Spanish contract law, apparently. So I take back my previous comments about him not having to leave. But they did also say that Barca just screwed up by not sorting it out before his contract lapsed, as they could have agreed a huge pay cut then, but as soon as it lapsed and it's a new contract instead of an extension that was it.

Well they found a very good accountant (or not) to avoid paying tax so I'm sure this could be circumnavigated and Messi could just give his salary back as a gift its his money he can do as he wants.

Still stinks.

Post Posted: 11 Aug 2021, 09:15 

I read something yesterday about the fans booing one of their own players because he had refused to take a wage cut that might have helped Messi stay (although that doesn't correspond with the contract law theory, above...)

Post Posted: 11 Aug 2021, 16:43 

longmover wrote:
Shade wrote:

Well they found a very good accountant (or not) to avoid paying tax so I'm sure this could be circumnavigated and Messi could just give his salary back as a gift its his money he can do as he wants.

Still stinks.

A good lawyer for keeping Messi out of prison when a normal person would have got two years.

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Board index » THE NEST » OTHER FOOTY