England

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Nesty
just like watching The Robins.......
longmover
learned nothing.

Most ominous.

GS Comment re subs:
you can put players into the game who’ve had to sit in the stand and it’s not so easy to come in in those latter stages,” the England manager said.
What the Actual f#!$!!!!
Shade
Yeah, he's obviously done a great job in transforming the England team culture into something far superior than it was before him but, tactically, in-game (and sometimes pre-game), he is pretty inept. Poland bring on all their subs and begin to dominate the last 5-10 minutes and he doesn't bring any fresh legs on at 1 up. It's basic stuff. Ignorance? Arrogance? A bit of both maybe. It's not even like they were all playing well, especially the attacking players.

With the talent we have on the bench, that was pretty criminal. But still, it was a 1 all draw in Poland and we're easily going to qualify for the WC. It's a shame we can't have Southgate as Team Manager and a coach who calls the shots during a game.
Red Duke
I was somewhat surprised that no subs were brought on. I can remember SC often bringing subs late on in a game to disrupt the flow.

I could clearly see that Poland were on top and England were going backwards. Perhaps standing on the touchline, you miss it.

Does he have anyone helping him in the stand?
Nesty
the comment I made referred in the main to our habit of conceding goals in the last few minute