Gloucester City sack manager

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Five defeats in the first seven days sees Paul Groves gone.

https://www.gloucestercityafc.com/post/ ... x-petheram" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Plenty of time to turn it around and climb up to the promotion battle.
asl
"In order to provide stability, we're sacking the manager and all his backroom staff after seven matches."

Lee Mansell...? Why do I know that name...?
ctfc-fan
asl wrote:"In order to provide stability, we're sacking the manager and all his backroom staff after seven matches."

Torquay player for many years wasn’t he?
asl
Ah! Yes. Knew I recognised the name.
bigdavejambo
asl wrote:"In order to provide stability, we're sacking the manager and all his backroom staff after seven matches."

Gloucester born and bred and was at Torquay and Bristol Rovers
SHANDY VOR
Sad to see Paul Groves and Niall Clarke go, genuinely nice folk, so probably no place in football for them. At the end it felt like a defeated boxer on the ropes taking a battering. I wish them only the best for the future.

Lee Mansell was at Bristol Rovers coaching up to May, but also as a player. He scored the winning penalty in a shoot out when they beat Grimsby in the Conference Play Off final a few years back. I was there, he looked a very competitive player, qualities which he will hopefully bring to us.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
SHANDY VOR wrote:Sad to see Paul Groves and Niall Clarke go, genuinely nice folk, so probably no place in football for them. At the end it felt like a defeated boxer on the ropes taking a battering. I wish them only the best for the future.

Lee Mansell was at Bristol Rovers coaching up to May, but also as a player. He scored the winning penalty in a shoot out when they beat Grimsby in the Conference Play Off final a few years back. I was there, he looked a very competitive player, qualities which he will hopefully bring to us.
I saw one of Paul Groves’ interviews and he did seem a nice, thoughtful, calm and intelligent chap. As you say, not the type of characteristics the average football fan respects.

Mansell played against us a few times for Rovers, Oxford and Torquay. It would be great to see him get City promoted and to face him again as manager in L1 or L2.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa

Time running out for Mansell, says JP:

https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/s ... ty-6137382" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
longmover
The clubs a mess.