The Robins Nest Forum
https://robinsnestforum.co.uk/

Saudi upon Tyne
https://robinsnestforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=29548
Page 1 of 1

Author:  RegencyCheltenhamSpa [ 06 Oct 2021, 21:55 ]
Post subject:  Saudi upon Tyne

Looks like the Newcastle takeover deal is back on and being completed this week.

Safe to say this is one owner we won’t be criticising on the forum for having a big shirt collar but no money.

Will St James’ Park become a Mecca for superstar players? Perhaps Riyadh Mahrez to be one of the first signings?

Author:  Shade [ 07 Oct 2021, 10:23 ]
Post subject:  Re: Saudi upon Tyne

Wonder how long it will be until Bruce is sacked. The obligatory 2 or 3 losses under new management before the cull? They'll definitely want their own guy in and settled before the January transfer window, I'd have thought.

Author:  RegencyCheltenhamSpa [ 07 Oct 2021, 16:49 ]
Post subject:  Re: Saudi upon Tyne

Confirmed = scenes

https://mobile.twitter.com/Darren947752 ... 2536870914

Author:  Ralph [ 08 Oct 2021, 00:39 ]
Post subject:  Re: Saudi upon Tyne

According to what I read today, they will have more buying power for players than PSG and Man City

Author:  longmover [ 08 Oct 2021, 08:53 ]
Post subject:  Re: Saudi upon Tyne

Fingers crossed this will be the end of the whinging 'hard done by' Newcastle fans, I mean one season out of the prem since 1993 must be a total nightmare for them. bless.

Still living off that ONE season where they threw away the prem title.

Author:  RegencyCheltenhamSpa [ 08 Oct 2021, 11:26 ]
Post subject:  Re: Saudi upon Tyne

longmover wrote:
Fingers crossed this will be the end of the whinging 'hard done by' Newcastle fans, I mean one season out of the prem since 1993 must be a total nightmare for them. bless.

Still living off that ONE season where they threw away the prem title.


More than one season out of the Prem…they have been relegated twice under Ashley.

Good to see you perpetuating this patronising though. The fact the fans need banners saying “we don’t demand a club that wins, we demand one which tries” is purely due to comments like yours.

The same patronising (and hypocrisy) that means some people say nothing about Saudi Arabia pumping hundreds of millions in to Man U over the last 12 years, their huge stakes in Facebook and Uber or all of the country’s critical and built infrastructure they finance but want to try and stop them doing the same with NUFC.

Author:  asl [ 08 Oct 2021, 13:14 ]
Post subject:  Re: Saudi upon Tyne

https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/ta ... 1008212884

Author:  Malabus [ 09 Oct 2021, 13:07 ]
Post subject:  Re: Saudi upon Tyne

https://twitter.com/7_relentless/status ... N4efA&s=19

Author:  Shade [ 09 Oct 2021, 13:13 ]
Post subject:  Re: Saudi upon Tyne

:lol:

Author:  Ralph [ 09 Oct 2021, 14:34 ]
Post subject:  Re: Saudi upon Tyne

Newcastle fans, some of the best in the country and after 14 years of the cockney mafia, they deserve some good times. I'm not happy with where the money is coming from, just like I'm not happy with Qatar buying the next world cup, but what can you do. I'd rather see Newcastle enjoy some success than Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs. The supporters can't control who owns their team. Interesting to read that each of those teams contacted the EPL and told them they were against the takeover, Yeah cos Newcastle are going to take one of your precious Champions League places now

Author:  longmover [ 11 Oct 2021, 08:47 ]
Post subject:  Re: Saudi upon Tyne

One quote from a Newcastle fan

"Fans have been beaten into the ground" :lol: :lol:

How about fans of Bury, Oldham, Grimsby, Macclesfield and Southend?

the sense of entitlement on Tyneside is through the roof.

Author:  RegencyCheltenhamSpa [ 11 Oct 2021, 13:51 ]
Post subject:  Re: Saudi upon Tyne

longmover wrote:
One quote from a Newcastle fan

"Fans have been beaten into the ground" :lol: :lol:

How about fans of Bury, Oldham, Grimsby, Macclesfield and Southend?

the sense of entitlement on Tyneside is through the roof.


It’s all relative. Someone earning £100k a year who has a £50k pay cut will still be a good earner but will equally feel the impact on their disposable income.

As far as I know Macclesfield were never a top four Prem side with a global fanbase, so they started from a lower base.

Author:  Malabus [ 12 Oct 2021, 17:13 ]
Post subject:  Re: Saudi upon Tyne

https://youtu.be/r4Bv2fAtzg4

Author:  longmover [ 17 Oct 2021, 21:12 ]
Post subject:  Re: Saudi upon Tyne

Newcastle fans booing Bruce with the new owners in residence not a wise move is it. I honestly think the new owners have made a mistake with Newcastle and the money will be pulled within three / four years.

Author:  RegencyCheltenhamSpa [ 18 Oct 2021, 08:09 ]
Post subject:  Re: Saudi upon Tyne

longmover wrote:
Newcastle fans booing Bruce with the new owners in residence not a wise move is it. I honestly think the new owners have made a mistake with Newcastle and the money will be pulled within three / four years.


Could be wise if it speeds up Bruce’s departure which is what the fans want.

Author:  longmover [ 18 Oct 2021, 08:19 ]
Post subject:  Re: Saudi upon Tyne

RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
longmover wrote:
Newcastle fans booing Bruce with the new owners in residence not a wise move is it. I honestly think the new owners have made a mistake with Newcastle and the money will be pulled within three / four years.


Could be wise if it speeds up Bruce’s departure which is what the fans want.


Also shows like the other team in the NE they turn on their own manager / team quite easily.

TOXIC.

Author:  RegencyCheltenhamSpa [ 18 Oct 2021, 08:29 ]
Post subject:  Re: Saudi upon Tyne

longmover wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
longmover wrote:
Newcastle fans booing Bruce with the new owners in residence not a wise move is it. I honestly think the new owners have made a mistake with Newcastle and the money will be pulled within three / four years.


Could be wise if it speeds up Bruce’s departure which is what the fans want.


Also shows like the other team in the NE they turn on their own manager / team quite easily.

TOXIC.


They have been against Bruce from day one so hardly quick. They never turned on Benitez even though he got the same number of points as Bruce.

Author:  Sprout Picker [ 18 Oct 2021, 08:58 ]
Post subject:  Re: Saudi upon Tyne

RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
longmover wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:

Could be wise if it speeds up Bruce’s departure which is what the fans want.


Also shows like the other team in the NE they turn on their own manager / team quite easily.

TOXIC.


They have been against Bruce from day one so hardly quick. They never turned on Benitez even though he got the same number of points as Bruce.

Isn't being against Bruce 'from day one' the very definition of quick?! :lol:

Author:  longmover [ 18 Oct 2021, 09:54 ]
Post subject:  Re: Saudi upon Tyne

we'll see what happens to our entitled hard done by friends on tyneside.

Author:  asl [ 20 Oct 2021, 10:13 ]
Post subject:  Re: Saudi upon Tyne

In fairness, 13 days is longer than I expected Steve Bruce to last...

Author:  longmover [ 20 Oct 2021, 10:32 ]
Post subject:  Re: Saudi upon Tyne

Just been reading about this and Bruce says that this would be his last job as a manager as its taken its toll on him and his family, 'unless he gets a call from a chairman'

Got me thinking whether a (ex) prem manager like Bruce would ever take on a lower league job? He doesn't need the money and although there is pressure its nothing like the pressure of the prem. Would be interested to see him manage league 1 or lower.

Author:  RegencyCheltenhamSpa [ 20 Oct 2021, 10:51 ]
Post subject:  Re: Saudi upon Tyne

longmover wrote:
Just been reading about this and Bruce says that this would be his last job as a manager as its taken its toll on him and his family, 'unless he gets a call from a chairman'

Got me thinking whether a (ex) prem manager like Bruce would ever take on a lower league job? He doesn't need the money and although there is pressure its nothing like the pressure of the prem. Would be interested to see him manage league 1 or lower.


Would any club want him? I don’t think CTFC would. Firstly, he is more old school than Duff and probably never uses data. Secondly, given Ashley viewed the training ground as a cost/burden to minimise it would not surprise me if CTFC have spent more on training facilities and equipment than NUFC in the last five years so it is not like Bruce would bring any cutting edge methods we were not already using.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 1 hour [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/