Arsene Wenger

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

longmover
The new face of FIFA's money grab

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/56418718" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As I see it FIFA are terrified of how big the champions league and Euro's have become and doing their level best to kill it off.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I do agree about only having games which matter. Having just qualifiers and tournaments would be much better than friendlies etc imo.

It is my main gripe with sports like rugby and cricket..random tours and tests are hard to get excited about when there is no trophy or an actual competition being won. And golf is the other extreme where there are so many competitions most of them are pointless as the big majors are the only ones where you actually get the best playing the best.

I completely appreciate some people enjoy sport for its own sake, but I struggle to care if there is nothing at stake.
longmover
I would imagine the 'don't' matter games would slowly start to creep back in under some nonsense insert sponsor here mini tournament