Bowers and Pitsea

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

asl
That's a new name I've never come across before. Looks like they gave Lincoln a game. First time in the 1st round proper?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I have been to Pitsea. An event on the future of town centres….but held in an RSPCA nature reserve in the middle of nowhere. I guess they knew no one would think Basildon (the closest town) would have a future.
Ralph
Talking of names, I found Hashtag Utd last week that play in the Isthmian League North Division. Founded in 2016 by a You Tuber
Shade
Ralph wrote:Talking of names, I found Hashtag Utd last week that play in the Isthmian League North Division. Founded in 2016 by a You Tuber
They were fairly well known as lowenon-league teams go as there was a bit of hype around them when they got started, due to the circumstances. And then a few days ago when their game was postponed due to a player being hit by a rogue firework.
longmover
Shade wrote:
Ralph wrote:Talking of names, I found Hashtag Utd last week that play in the Isthmian League North Division. Founded in 2016 by a You Tuber
They were fairly well known as lowenon-league teams go as there was a bit of hype around them when they got started, due to the circumstances. And then a few days ago when their game was postponed due to a player being hit by a rogue firework.
chavs gotta chav
longmover
wrexham are out so we're saved a media 'hollywood' darling fest
Shade
Wrexham and FGR...the TV companies might have to do some extra work to find a team they can get cringey about this year.
Ralph
Shade wrote:
yeah saw that online, crazy
asl
I'd love to suggest that was "just lads in the crowd with pyros generating some atmosphere" - but the rogue firework apparently came from a private display in a neighbour's garden.

Anyone remember the guy who lived in Cakebridge Place who used to pile up all his wet leaves and have a nice bonfire every Tuesday night to coincide with home matches...?
Red Duke
Shade wrote:Wrexham and FGR...the TV companies might have to do some extra work to find a team they can get cringey about this year.
No they won't. If Salford win tonight, job done.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Red Duke wrote:
Shade wrote:Wrexham and FGR...the TV companies might have to do some extra work to find a team they can get cringey about this year.
No they won't. If Salford win tonight, job done.
Yup. Means they won’t need to spread the box of tissues across three games and focus just on Salford.