Eco Park Planning Permission

WARNING: This section may contain jokes or topics of an offensive nature.
Recommended for over 18's only. Send Admin a PM to request exclusion.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Stroud District Councillors, who previously voted no to Vince’s folly, tonight vote yes. It looks like the last remaining objections to the motorway stadium are removed and the build can go ahead.

So after spaffing millions as Corbyn’s biggest donor Vince is now going to spaff millions on a pointless stadium miles from anywhere which will be half empty and which few actual football fans want.

The only thing I am looking forward to is Jeff Stelling chirping “and they’ll be dancing in the streets of Junction 13 of the M5 tonight”.

Posting in non-footy as this a pure Vince ego project and Ecotricity vanity project and not anything to do with football.
Red Duke
To ensure DV keeps up his environmental credentials, I assume that every parking bay will have a Ecotricity charger.
Shade
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: The only thing I am looking forward to is Jeff Stelling chirping “and they’ll be dancing in the streets of Junction 13 of the M5 tonight”.
I hope not. It implies they will have won something. Unless he's being wonderfully ironic. We can but hope.
Ben3
Well that’s the end of our rivalry with FGR. Whatever this new entity is, it clearly ain’t Forest Green rovers. Pity for their fans but I guess casual soccer observers will have somewhere to go on saturdays.

Really sad and a case study in what can happen if a club in dire financial straits is ‘helped’ by the wrong person
Shade
Give it a season or so in the new ground, after he's ripped the club away from its community, and he will try to get the team name changed to Ecotricity Green Power FC
Ralph
So that's FGR died twice now. He'll change the name if and when the stadium gets built.
SHANDY VOR
Ben3 wrote:Pity for their fans but I guess casual soccer observers will have somewhere to go on saturdays.
They'll rampaging through the streets of Hardwicke and Quedgeley to get to the New Meadow Park, and some real football.
Ihearye
Shade wrote:Give it a season or so in the new ground, after he's ripped the club away from its community, and he will try to get the team name changed to Ecotricity Green Power FC
Presume all the raw materialsarrive by electric lorry and all construction vehicles will be electric. The eco friendly option is not to build, surely?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Apparently at the game yesterday the die hard real fan base (what is left of it) turned out in full force and voice to “f—k Eco Park” for much of the game, which some of the sycophants and plastics responded with boos.

I know this offer will seem an anathema to them, however, when FGR are disbanded and moved to the new franchise stadium, the real football fans of Stroud and Nailsworth etc will be more than welcome at Cheltenham Town, a proper fans club still in the heart of its community.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Corbynista Vince is obviously still reeling from being the biggest donor to the worst and most pathetic Labour campaign for almost 80 years, and is now writing public letters to the new MP for Stroud accusing her and the government of trying to block the new stadium for political reasons:

This is his reply to the MP on Facebook. What a bitter loser he is.

“Hi Siobhan, Couple of points I feel are worth making.

On the night I believe the vote was 7 in favour and 4 against. Not 6 v 4. I don’t know if 2 members were absent, or which way they might have voted, but the chair voted in favour so best case for you (assuming you are opposed to this) is it still would have been passed.

To compare a ‘call in’ request to an appeal is silly (no offence) they are very different. The call in will be politically motivated and decided, the appeal is a proper part of planning and local democracy.

You mention the local plan and Eco park being outside of it - you will be aware (I assume) that the council are entitled to consider proposals not within the local plan and decide them on their merits....and that the local plan review now identifies this land for this purpose....?

You say you believe an ‘independent review’ is the best way to proceed - are you saying that the council are not independent? Will the SoS actually be independent? Free from political influence - it seems not.

And taking this decision out of the council’s hands will be usurping local democracy, surely - something that Conservatives often talk about and support..

You say ‘whilst this may take some more time - you believe it to be worth the effort’ - do you consider the five years this has been in planning already to be hasty or fast in some way?

It’s hard for many people not to see this as a political move, just after the election where Labour banners were on the site of Eco Park. You will perhaps be aware that the SoS did not indicate an interest in this application in June this year, when it first came to committee - what has changed - except the administration?”