What a day for sport!

WARNING: This section may contain jokes or topics of an offensive nature.
Recommended for over 18's only. Send Admin a PM to request exclusion.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

asl
An exciting F1 Grand Prix (in stark contrast to the previous two races); an absolute thrashing of Australia in the T20 cricket; but nothing tops the drama at Flushing Meadow this evening! Novak, you utter arse...

Sent from my SM-G9860 using Tapatalk
Johnsons Red Army
C’mon. That was a VERY weak decision to DQ Novak. First it was unintentional and second it barely touched her.
asl
'Intention' is simply irrelevant. Of course it wasn't deliberate - nobody would suggest otherwise. Look up the definition of recklessness and negligence in the dictionary. The decision was correct and totally backed up by precedence: I remember Henman, Nalbandian and Shapovalov all defaulting under similar circumstances. The only question is why the decision took so long. All the players know the rule.

As for "barely touching her" - have you ever been hit in the windpipe by a tennis ball with no opportunity even to brace, let alone duck...? Granted, it wasn't struck has hard as the ball he smashed in anger into the advertising hoardings a few minutes prior - which is a good job as we could have been looking at a death.

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Absolutely correct decision to DQ.

asl, Stage 9 of the Tour was a pretty decent one. Unbelievable finale with the sole breakaway.
asl
Indeed. I rarely remember to tune into Le Tour, but I generally read the reports or catch the highlights. Those guys aren't human - but the last 10km tends to be the exciting bit. Bit like in F1 when, often enough, 90% of the excitement happens in the first two corners.

Shade
Let's not forget Cheltenham and, ahem, England...won on Saturday. A pretty decent weekend.