Billy Jones

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Daveangel
I'm not saying they wouldn't be of use. I just think that older, wiser heads are sometimes better in pressure situations. We will see over the next few weeks I suppose.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Daveangel wrote:I'm not saying they wouldn't be of use. I just think that older, wiser heads are sometimes better in pressure situations. We will see over the next few weeks I suppose.
As CTFC have learned with a few of the loan duds the last few seasons
mattyboi
Daveangel wrote:
everyman wrote:
mattyboi wrote:Heard you might be taking joe hanks on loan aswell, I guess that could depend on if we get a loan in to fill his space on the bench.
Ed Williams also available-released ?
No disrespect to those lads, who I'm sure show great promise, but in a relegation dogfight I'm not sure they're what we need. I think any further strengthening carried out by TH will be experienced players who have performed at our level or higher previously.
So out goes Darren mullings and in come joe hanks and another youngster from Exeter, it would appear TH doesn't share your opinion! I think it's a good move for hanks, just what he needs, he will do a good for you!
Neil
Do you? Why do you think that? Do you think Hanks is better than Mullings? Or are you just guessing?
mattyboi
In answer your questions Neil
1, Yes i believe it is a good move for Joe Hanks,
2, More involvement around a match day squad and game time will be beneficial to this young players development.
3, Yes i believe he is better than Darren Mullings
4, No not guessing, Hanks's all round game as is better, ie, i believe he has better vision, can pick a pass, better anticipation, can put in a tackle. He is only lacking Physicality, needs to bulk up and fill out.

Hope that is of help
Neil
All this based on the fact that you've probably never seen Mullings play too. Well done.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
If Mullings ever plays for a professional League team we may see him play. But at 27 and in danger of relegation to an even lower Park level suggests that will not happen.
mattyboi
[quote="Neil"]All this based on the fact that you've probably never seen Mullings play too. Well done.[/quote

Couldn't be more wrong Neil, seen Mullings play many a time.
Neil
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:If Mullings ever plays for a professional League team we may see him play. But at 27 and in danger of relegation to an even lower Park level suggests that will not happen.
Another reply from a twat who doesn't have a clue. Why bother if you have nothing to add to a debate? Some people just crave attention.
Neil
mattyboi wrote:
Neil wrote:All this based on the fact that you've probably never seen Mullings play too. Well done.[/quote

Really? When? Where? I doubt you have seen him many a time.

I'd be surprised if you'd seen Hanks play too?
51/84
Neil just p!## off
Neil
51/84 wrote:Neil just p!## off
I might just do that, it can be hard work lowering myself into this pool of morons sometimes.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Neil wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:If Mullings ever plays for a professional League team we may see him play. But at 27 and in danger of relegation to an even lower Park level suggests that will not happen.
Another reply from a twat who doesn't have a clue. Why bother if you have nothing to add to a debate? Some people just crave attention.
Says someone who accuses Mattyboi of lying about football matches he has watched with no evidence at all.

Let me check one thing - you slag me off for saying I do not watch non-league football, and you slag Mattyboi off for saying he does?

Which is it? Very odd.

If you cannot accept non-Gloucester fans passing a comment on your favourite player then do not start talking about him on here.
mattyboi
Neil wrote:
mattyboi wrote:
Neil wrote:All this based on the fact that you've probably never seen Mullings play too. Well done.[/quote

Being a former Stroud college student in the same year as Darren, I happen to know a fair abit about him and have seem him play from a young age!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
mattyboi wrote:
Neil wrote:

Being a former Stroud college student in the same year as Darren, I happen to know a fair abit about him and have seem him play from a young age!
You've known him longer than Neil. The poor man will be heartbroken to know Darren had a life before City :D
Uppy
He's basically cheated on you, Neil.
taxidave
If we sent Joe Hanks to Gloucester to gain match fitness then he won't get it by coming off the bench in the 91st minute. :( :(
Uppy
He's a young lad on loan. Sometimes he will play and sometimes he won't. We have been guilty of the same. Any experience he gains has to be better than what he was getting here. Does he still train with us?
taxidave
Uppy wrote:He's a young lad on loan. Sometimes he will play and sometimes he won't. We have been guilty of the same. Any experience he gains has to be better than what he was getting here. Does he still train with us?
I fail to understand how a couple of minutes on the pitch, playing for a team in a part time league, can be deemed to be gaining experience, we do not know if he even touched the ball !
Surely a player who many on this forum consider should be starting games for us should at least be getting some game time in a league 2 steps down the pyramid.
Perhaps his loan to Gloucester is like so many loans we have had this season, just kids who are not going to be retained given a chance to find a new club at a level they will be comfortable at.
Neil
mattyboi wrote:Being a former Stroud college student in the same year as Darren, I happen to know a fair abit about him and have seem him play from a young age!
If that's true then congratulations but it's meaningless. I went to school with Paul James but can't comment on his politics.
Neil
taxidave wrote:If we sent Joe Hanks to Gloucester to gain match fitness then he won't get it by coming off the bench in the 91st minute. :( :(
Give him match experience in your own team then.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Neil wrote:
mattyboi wrote:Being a former Stroud college student in the same year as Darren, I happen to know a fair abit about him and have seem him play from a young age!
If that's true then congratulations but it's meaningless. I went to school with Paul James but can't comment on his politics.
Don't believe you
mattyboi
Neil wrote:
That's just unfortunate for you then. Leader of the city council and he has done NOTHING to help you in your bid to return to playing in gloucester. Knowing him from school you must have been aware the chances of a swift return to the city were slim.
Neil
He has but what does that have to do with it? You may have seen Darren Mullings play although I suspect you're confused because he's from Bristol but that doesn't mean you know what he's like as an experienced adult footballer.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Unless he has seen him play as an experienced adult footballer.
Neil
Why do you keep replying? Who or what are you?

He clearly hasn't seen him playing adult football and may even be confused as to who the player is. He's just lording it cos he decided to start supporting Cheltenham when they were doing well and thinks that cos he watches a teamk in the crappest professional division he knows everything about everything.
51/84
Nelly you havent take the hint FO

It may be the crappiest league but your team are trying to get there
When you are flused down the pan you will know what c!#p is
Neil
We aren't trying to get there at all, we are aiming higher. We want to have won and retained the Champions League within the next decade.
Jebolani
Neil wrote:Why do you keep replying? Who or what are you?

He clearly hasn't seen him playing adult football and may even be confused as to who the player is. He's just lording it cos he decided to start supporting Cheltenham when they were doing well and thinks that cos he watches a teamk in the crappest professional division he knows everything about everything.
The beauty of a Glos fan asking a Cheltenham fan why they are replying on a Cheltenham fan forum...
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Neil wrote:Why do you keep replying? Who or what are you?

And what pray is your evidence? If Mattyboi says he has seen Mullings play many a time then why should one doubt him?

If you accuse someone of being a liar at least base it on a semblance of fact or evidence rather than just abuse.

If you want me to stop replying then do not keep posting rubbish. Rubbish posts will always be questioned and called to account on this forum.
Neil
Stop it FFS. Why are you butting into a conversation between myself and mattyliar?
51/84
Just get him off our site
If he has nothing constructive to add just punt him
Unless he gives us a right of reply on his little site
Uppy
Saying that you went to school with a Conference North player is hardly a claim to fame. I doubt anybody's lying about it!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Neil wrote:Stop it FFS. Why are you butting into a conversation between myself and mattyliar?
All I did was respond to a question you directed at me. Which is what I am doing now in fact. And will mist likely do if you question or abuse me after this post.
Educated Bertie
Liberi! Liberi! Habitate! Vel aliis modus, ut impetus facere!!

There, I can make as much sense as you two "juveniles".