A Kind Of Magic ?

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

everyman
AKINDE,we will have to find a way to stop the leagues top scorer on boxing day,big and powerful just the sort we have not coped well with.
Nesty
we were close to signing him, albeit on loan - we need someone like him now
Robin
What's Barnet's financial situation could he be a realistic target for us if they are struggling for cash?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Robin wrote:What's Barnet's financial situation could he be a realistic target for us if they are struggling for cash?
Probably be better than it was a few years ago now they have moved to the new stadium complex.
Shade
And probably just got a massive payout from Eastleigh for Martin Allen.

:lol:
Artemis
Robin wrote:What's Barnet's financial situation could he be a realistic target for us if they are struggling for cash?
Probably not much different to ours.
THECHOIRBOY
No would be the short answer!

Even if did have financial difficulties why would the league two leading scorer decide to move to a team scrapping at the bottom?

I'm sure he has many better options!
paperboy
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
THECHOIRBOY wrote:
No would be the short answer!

Even if did have financial difficulties why would the league two leading scorer decide to move to a team scrapping at the bottom?

I'm sure he has many better options!
Robin is a sub-intelligent fool. Ignore him.
Oh dear RCS, disgree with people by all means ,but you let yourself down by being publicly abusive.

Sorry.
Robin
Thanks Paperboy, RCS has earnt himself a spell in the sin bin for that unnecessary post.
Del Boy
It was a pretty pointless attack. But it remains the original idea of Akinde being a realistic target is equally ludicrous.
Robin
Not really we've done stuff like that before when clubs are in financial trouble.
Del Boy
Robin wrote:Not really we've done stuff like that before when clubs are in financial trouble.
Not when we're second from bottom and unlikely to have much money - if any - to pay a fee. It doesn't really matter who we want to sign - the most important factors are whether the club wants to sell and whether the player wants to join us.

I can't imagine many will especially the league's top scorer and those doing well at clubs higher up. It's fantasy and if this is the kind of signing you're expecting I fear you are going to be bitterly disappointed.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Bumping this thread. Causing us trouble once again. Could we tempt him away from the League Two-bound Scallies?
Shade
He did? I guess all 3 of their best moments must have been him then. Thought our second string defence was fairly dominant.