FGR fans assaulted

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I just read this on the FGR forum. Very unsavoury.

“Not sure if this is the right place to post , but could someone from the club contact me about myself and two of my sons being assaulted after today’s game, police are aware but wish to make official with club as this is unacceptable. We were taunted then attacked by some 20 youths on our way back to car, I received a dislocated shoulder and have had to spend over 3 hours in A and E, my two sons both received facial injuries, we did not retaliate or attack anyone ourselves , we tried to protect each other and ended up getting hurt, great end to the day!!”

I personally think enough is enough now. Yes Vince started the ‘feud’ with his treatment of fans, PB and comments about CTFC, but it’s gone too far now and attacking football fans going to football matches is not a decent way of getting back at Vince.

I think all genuine CTFC fans would like to apologise to the FGR fans in question.
cheltsaxon
I saw this and all I can say is two sides to every story! It certainly wasn't unprovoked and it certainly wasn't 20 youths one guy hit him and that was it no kids etc.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
cheltsaxon wrote:I saw this and all I can say is two sides to every story! It certainly wasn't unprovoked and it certainly wasn't 20 youths one guy hit him and that was it no kids etc.
How do you know you’re talking about the same incident?
asl
Seems to confirm that an assault took place as "one guy hit him."
I-Love-CTFC
I think that particular group have watched too much Green Street. They need to seriously grow up and stop giving it the biggun.
SHANDY VOR
Because he's one of the mob
King giraffe iii
Knowing the guy assaulted I would suggest this is a separate incident.
cheltsaxon
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
cheltsaxon wrote:I saw this and all I can say is two sides to every story! It certainly wasn't unprovoked and it certainly wasn't 20 youths one guy hit him and that was it no kids etc.
Because the guy was complaining about his shoulder and this person also mentions shoulder.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
cheltsaxon wrote:
Because the guy was complaining about his shoulder and this person also mentions shoulder.
I trust King Giraffe III (see above) ahead of you, I’m afraid.
Robin
I hope Old Turn Cloak has a word with himself constantly stoking up some sort of rivalry that wasn't there until recent times.
Ralph
Robin wrote:I hope Old Turn Cloak has a word with himself constantly stoking up some sort of rivalry that wasn't there until recent times.
I'm growing really tired of some of the bullshite that he posts on their forum as well as on here aimed at stoking up some kind of rivalry that is not there. If we went there on his forum and did it, we would get banned. Maybe it's time. I know he's annoying quite a few on this forum

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Artemis
Robin wrote:I hope Old Turn Cloak has a word with himself constantly stoking up some sort of rivalry that wasn't there until recent times.
What's wrong with rivalry? Clubs and sport thrive from it. The problem is the idiots that can't differentiate between rivalry and thugary.
If this story is true (whether kids involved or not), ban the twats that threw the first punch. Violence has no place in sport.
Artemis
I-Love-CTFC wrote:I think that particular group have watched too much Green Street. They need to seriously grow up and stop giving it the biggun.
Grow up, yes. Banned by the club, and prosecuted by the authorities as well.
Have a good time, have a drink by all means. But violence. No thanks.
Artemis
Oh and I don't suppose they gave it the large at the County Ground last week either, did they?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ralph wrote:
I'm growing really tired of some of the bullshite that he posts on their forum as well as on here aimed at stoking up some kind of rivalry that is not there. If we went there on his forum and did it, we would get banned. Maybe it's time. I know he's annoying quite a few on this forum

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I don’t think OTC can be blamed for violence.

Yes he, I and others perpetuate a rivalry on here by arguing about Vince and attendance figures, but come on - you really think a few sad acts arguing about whether Vince lied in the paper or whether FGR are financially immoral causes violence on the streets?

OTC like me and the vast majority abhor hooliganism, smoke bombs, personal abuse, violence, etc.

No one to blame other than a bunch of chavs from Cheltenham and a bunch of chavs from Stroud ruining their own futures. Sad, but you see youngsters up and down the country doing the same.

It is possible to be partisan and passionate without abuse and violence. Same way it is possible to have an amazing atmosphere without needing smoke bombs or excessive swearing. As Artemis suggests above, a minority of dumb idiots are too unimaginative and unintelligent to know how to support a team passionately without attacking people in the street or gassing their own fans with chemicals. Ban them, take any legal action required, and let the rest of the fans who want to support CTFC and sing their hearts out get on with it.
Southstander
Absolutely correct RCS, anyone thinking OTCs postings about crowd figures have a part to place in this are completely missing the point. For the second season running I walked past the Sudeley Arms being glared and spat at by about 20 acne ridden youths (the only reason they were outside I guess was they weren’t old enough to get in) and after the match right opposite the exit there was a similar sized group and a further group by the little shop obviously spoiling for trouble. I’m not sure it’s directly a CTFC problem as I’d be surprised if many of these idiots actually went to the match but surely the police could intervene before trouble starts
Robin
The way I look at it 4-5 years ago FGR were a second team for many Chelt fans, there was absolutely zero rivalry. Then a few people including Old Turn Cloak (an ex-ctfc fan), Dale Vince, even Paul Baker started whipping things up. A few years down the line and we now sing songs about kicking FGR fans heads in on a regular basis, the pubs near our ground have bouncers on the door and are strictly home fans only, we have large groups of fans looking to fight any FGR fans who come looking for trouble. All this in a very short time when absolutely no rivalry existed. My point is therefore people need to think before they type rubbish and whip up a frenzy and that includes the local media who are known to blow things out of proportion which then further attracts those who want to cause trouble.

From my perspective I would suggest we give FGR fans a designated pub next season and ensure better segregation this would certainly help matters. But that said I didn't see any trouble and felt it was well policed overall despite what appears to be an isolated incident of violence above.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Robin wrote:The way I look at it 4-5 years ago FGR were a second team for many Chelt fans, there was absolutely zero rivalry. Then a few people including Old Turn Cloak (an ex-ctfc fan), Dale Vince, even Paul Baker started whipping things up. A few years down the line and we now sing songs about kicking FGR fans heads in on a regular basis, the pubs near our ground have bouncers on the door and are strictly home fans only, we have large groups of fans looking to fight any FGR fans who come looking for trouble. All this in a very short time when absolutely no rivalry existed. My point is therefore people need to think before they type rubbish and whip up a frenzy and that includes the local media who are known to blow things out of proportion which then further attracts those who want to cause trouble.

From my perspective I would suggest we give FGR fans a designated pub next season and ensure better segregation this would certainly help matters. But that said I didn't see any trouble and felt it was well policed overall despite what appears to be an isolated incident of violence above.
I suspect if we were ever able to see the snapchat and other message services the chavs of Cheltenham and Stroud use to arrange their gatherings (and probably buy their legal highs and illegal drugs) we would quickly see they probably don’t even know who PB or DV are, let alone ever read a local paper or the RNF.

I spose we should be grateful that away from football in general life our societal dropouts in Cheltenham tend to just loiter and generally offer no real threat rather than the stabbings and general anti-social disruption you see reported from other towns and cities.’
cheltsaxon
I trust King Giraffe III (see above) ahead of you, I’m afraid.[/quote]
I couldn't care less I saw it with my own eyes he did not, there were a lot of youngsters in the area but it wasn't the vicious unprovoked by 20 youths described fact!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
cheltsaxon wrote:I trust King Giraffe III (see above) ahead of you, I’m afraid.
I couldn't care less I saw it with my own eyes he did not, there were a lot of youngsters in the area but it wasn't the vicious unprovoked by 20 youths described fact![/quote]

Look. The bloke says he got attacked with two kids in tow.

You say that at the attack you saw there were no kids in tow.

Obvious conclusion; two different incidents or one of you is not telling the truth.
asl
Cheltsaxon has confirmed that one of our fans assaulted one of theirs. I do hope it was the same incident or the problem is twice as bad.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
asl wrote:Cheltsaxon has confirmed that one of our fans assaulted one of theirs. I do hope it was the same incident or the problem is twice as bad.
Indeed though of course in the thought processes of Cheltsaxon’s kind, being provoked and not vicious* means there is no problem!

(*and for all we know, to Cheltsaxon and his kind, provocation could simply mean being in the wrong place at the wrong time, and no vicious could mean an A&E visit but no long term damage)
Benctfc
I find it amazing that people cant go to a football match without getting into a fight. Im all for some banter and chants between fans but common sense tells you where to draw the line. The chant about Winchester's mate was a disgrace the same as the forest green fans last year chanting about Gary Johnson dieing both as bad as each other.

There is no condoning any violence and the people responsible should be punished if true however I very much doubt it was unprovoked you dont just end up in a fight for no reason. It's a shame after what was a great match this will overshadow it especially if the media get hold of it.
cheltsaxon
Me and my kind???? Im just a normal decent human being who was just walking home from the game with my dad, it was disgusting and wrong I'm not condoning it in the slightest, I'm just saying it wasn't a vicious assault by 20 youths as described, his son who is 23 was pushing and shouting his mouth off for a good 2/3 minutes and wouldn't leave it eventually one lad hit him his dad got involved and he was also struck it was assault and they was injured,it's wrong but what do you expect to happen mouthing off after a Derby game at a group of lads clearly intent on trouble?
Robin
If that's true and what really happened then once again RCS makes a prize dick of himself but spouting off without knowing the facts.

There are always two sides to a story and it's clear the vast majority of us have no idea what actually happened only that this FGR fan is complaining and yet a witness on our side paints a different picture. I suggest we all refrain from commenting until we get the facts.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
cheltsaxon wrote:Me and my kind???? Im just a normal decent human being who was just walking home from the game with my dad, it was disgusting and wrong I'm not condoning it in the slightest, I'm just saying it wasn't a vicious assault by 20 youths as described, his son who is 23 was pushing and shouting his mouth off for a good 2/3 minutes and wouldn't leave it eventually one lad hit him his dad got involved and he was also struck it was assault and they was injured,it's wrong but what do you expect to happen mouthing off after a Derby game at a group of lads clearly intent on trouble?
How do you know a) the son you saw was 23 years old and b) that it’s the same incident?
SHANDY VOR
I couldn't care less I saw it with my own eyes he did not, there were a lot of youngsters in the area but it wasn't the vicious unprovoked by 20 youths described fact!

Obvious conclusion; two different incidents or one of you is not telling the truth.[/quote]

Cheltsaxon, were two of the adults very small?
longmover
Both clubs need to realise this fixture has a problem and they need to give the police the proper funds to police it. The rats from both clubs want to be hooligans then the police must treat them as such. From what I saw yesterday the police gave the Cheltenham boy's free reign to do as they pleased on their way to the ground ignoring anti social behaviour blatant intoxication from alcohol and drugs and intent to attack away supporters. They then let them into the ground, what astounded me the most was to allow fgr fans to leave at the same times as home supporters??? For what ever reason the police have been very naïve in the way this is policed.

The people that are causing the trouble are drunk coked up boys and with proper policing can be dealt with very easily. It's making both clubs look very bad.
cheltsaxon
SHANDY VOR wrote:

Obvious conclusion; two different incidents or one of you is not telling the truth.
Cheltsaxon, were two of the adults very small?[/quote]
He says kids as in they were his kids but one is 23 hes openly posting on twitter saying he and his dad were attacked
Southstander
It would seem you’re both correct, the man concerned was with his two kids- grown up kids, one who was assaulted and then the father was also assaulted when he understandably tried to help his son
SHANDY VOR
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:I suspect if we were ever able to see the snapchat and other message services the chavs of Cheltenham and Stroud use to arrange their gatherings (and probably buy their legal highs and illegal drugs) we would quickly see they probably don’t even know who PB or DV are, let alone ever read a local paper or the RNF.

I spose we should be grateful that away from football in general life our societal dropouts in Cheltenham tend to just loiter and generally offer no real threat rather than the stabbings and general anti-social disruption you see reported from other towns and cities.’
:)

You sound like Dr. Rhodes Boyson
Si Robin
Amazingly, Cheltenham and FGR fans managed to drink side by side in Parklands before and after the game without a crossed word between them.
Robin
So it seems it was not an unprovoked attack at all as Chelt_Saxon very likely did see it.

Simple solution is give FGR an allocated pub next season like the Beehive or Parklands and don't let fans out at the same time after the game.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
SHANDY VOR wrote:
I try my best.

Still waiting for our Saxon friend to tell us what the FGR fans did to provoke their assailants!
SHANDY VOR
SHANDY VOR wrote:
I try my best.

Still waiting for our Saxon friend to tell us what the FGR fans did to provoke their assailants!
Being Cheltenham they were probably outraged by being in the presence of TKMax branded clothing and the Lidl chic of their menacers. :)