Great documentary: The Mole: Infiltrating North Korea

WARNING: This section may contain jokes or topics of an offensive nature.
Recommended for over 18's only. Send Admin a PM to request exclusion.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Watched both parts of this last night. A real life documentary stranger than fiction. Absolutely gripping viewing and a must watch for anyone interested in the global shadow economy, the murky world of international relations and trade etc.

Some of it is beyond belief and I would not have thought credible if I read it in a Le Carre!

“The Mole: Infiltrating North Korea
A real-life undercover thriller about two ordinary men who embark on an outrageously dangerous ten-year mission to penetrate the world’s most secretive and brutal dictatorship: North Korea.”

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/ ... orth-korea" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Malabus
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Watched both parts of this last night. A real life documentary stranger than fiction. Absolutely gripping viewing and a must watch for anyone interested in the global shadow economy, the murky world of international relations and trade etc.

Some of it is beyond belief and I would not have thought credible if I read it in a Le Carre!

“The Mole: Infiltrating North Korea
A real-life undercover thriller about two ordinary men who embark on an outrageously dangerous ten-year mission to penetrate the world’s most secretive and brutal dictatorship: North Korea.”

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/ ... orth-korea" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Love Storyville.
Watch the first part now.

Sent from my F104Bv2_PRO using Tapatalk
Malabus
Just seen the first part, excellent. I got nervous when the leader of the KFA, Alejandro, produced the bug detector.
Highly recommended, great television.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Malabus wrote:Just seen the first part, excellent. I got nervous when the leader of the KFA, Alejandro, produced the bug detector.
Glad you enjoyed it Mal. You’re right that the ending of Part 1 was a gripping cliff hanger.
Malabus
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Malabus wrote:Just seen the first part, excellent. I got nervous when the leader of the KFA, Alejandro, produced the bug detector.
Glad you enjoyed it Mal. You’re right that the ending of Part 1 was a gripping cliff hanger.
The proposed five million USD to purchase the island located on Lake Victoria, Uganda and the cruel plan to move the 1000 inhabitants was absolutely disgusting. Then the pastor who conducted the deal went to the congregation and said a prayer with them. Just imagine the stories we dont hear, money is the true source of evil.

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Malabus wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
The proposed five million USD to purchase the island located on Lake Victoria, Uganda and the cruel plan to move the 1000 inhabitants was absolutely disgusting. Then the pastor who conducted the deal went to the congregation and said a prayer with them. Just imagine the stories we dont hear, money is the true source of evil.

Yeah completely. That was shocking. Makes you wonder how many such deals and developments like that have actually happened?
Hubert Parry
Great tip - a fascinating insight.
paperboy
This might be of interest also.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-55651578" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;