University snowflakes and their slave master database.

WARNING: This section may contain jokes or topics of an offensive nature.
Recommended for over 18's only. Send Admin a PM to request exclusion.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Malabus
I hate university students with passion and now they have increased my hatred by coming up with a database with the list of 6000+ of British slave masters.

We do not need this s#!t at present and the kneel pre kick off at football matches must end now, we got the pointless message, just get on with the soccer!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Feel free to tell all doctors, dentists, lawyers, etc you don’t want to receive any of their services because you hate them.

I guess you will also be refusing a vaccine developed by universities and will choose not to live in any building designed by a qualified architect.

I thought you were a proud Brit? Why are you worked up about our history? Slavery at the time was the done thing and we were best at it. Same as oil exploration, etc. Many of our great cities were founded in the benefits of global trade. That included slavery. It was wrong and people came to realise that, but at the time it was just another example of global Britain at the forefront of global trade.

Looks like you are the snowflake. There is reason you should be scared of the database...as a fan of history I feel this will fill a gap in knowledge. We know who a lot of the great industrialists and merchants were who helped to shape the country, however we are never taught who the great slavers were so this resource will solve that.
Red Duke
I would suggest watching some of David Olusoga programmes. They give a much better understanding of the subject.

They explain the background and the amount of money that was paid by the British Government to the owners of the slaves in UK. They were seen just as property and needed recompense for them. The people who owned were very from lower middles class to the upper class.

The money they received was then invested into the UK and fueled the boom in economy in the 1840's and accelerated the industrial revolution.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Interesting Red Duke. Might be a useful show for snowflakes like Malabus who want to pretend this period in our history didn’t exist.
Ihearye
Red Duke wrote:I would suggest watching some of David Olusoga programmes. They give a much better understanding of the subject.

They explain the background and the amount of money that was paid by the British Government to the owners of the slaves in UK. They were seen just as property and needed recompense for them. The people who owned were very from lower middles class to the upper class.

The money they received was then invested into the UK and fueled the boom in economy in the 1840's and accelerated the industrial revolution.
When do the Irish get their recompense then? Also the Indian nationals, when do they get their recompense? The Indian/ Pakistani diaspora alone make up a greater % of our population that Afro Caribbean, yet for some reason are overlooked in all these discussions. Even to the extent that the term BAME is not supported by the black movement. England has a very long list of countries that it has abused in the past. But that is where it should stay, in the past. If you were to go around wringing your hands and apologising for all the evils your fore fathers have done. You would have no time or money for anything else.
Move on with your lives and live in the present. Reminds me of a couple of slogans I saw written on the walls in Belfast many years ago . "Rem 1690? I can hardly remember 1960" , "an eye for an eye and we will soon be blind"