Gloucester Athletic

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
What the blazes is this all about?

Anyone know what division they will be playing in?

https://thelegionaries.com/welcome" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Shade
I replied and then found their twitter, dispelling everything that I had said in it :lol:

https://twitter.com/GlosAthleticFC?ref_ ... r%5Eauthor" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Only playing a few friendlies and don't seem to have a league, as yet, and obviously they will be way, way, way down the pyramid if they do get into a league.
Ralph
Seem to have enough staff on the team inc sports therapy, PR etc. Sponsored by Jonny Rocks too.
Good luck to them
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Good luck indeed.

The whole thing just seems a bit weird...a club shop selling merch but no league and presumably no fans yet?
Ralph
They have a fanzone with "fans" wearing the merch in various countries. Very interesting so you also have Tuffley Rovers in Gloucester as well. I still can't get over how many "staff" they have considering they are new
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ralph wrote:They have a fanzone with "fans" wearing the merch in various countries. Very interesting so you also have Tuffley Rovers in Gloucester as well. I still can't get over how many "staff" they have considering they are new
Yeh I saw the fanzone lol. Most look like the same kid or family members. I mean, a club formed in October 2020 who don’t play in a league is not going to have fans around the world.

They are doing job of selling ‘vapour ware’ so fair play.

Still odd though.
Shade
When I was 16, me and my best mate were sat in the garden of another mates house drinking a few bottles of beer. In that afternoon we came up with a band name and an entire albums worth of track titles, and decided who would play what in the band. The only trouble was none of us had, or could play, any instruments (yet) and, therefore, the titles also didnt have any songs to go with them. We did then buy instruments and we did recruit a couple of others but we never did write that particular album. From the outside, Gloucester Athletic seems a bit like that - trying to run before they can walk. Or build a house without foundations.

Some dudes that got bored in lockdown and decided they would start their own club and try to emulate what FC United have done, or some such, and then planned everything out but maybe without the actual ability to do the most important bit. Not saying it's a bad thing, we all need dreams, but maybe pie in the sky.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Well their website and Twitter seem to no longer exist or have changed. They have some friendlies promoted on Instagram though.
Ralph
That's their FB that i check their updates on from time to time https://www.facebook.com/UpTheLegionaries" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;