Messi

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Leaving Barca.

Get on the phone Duffo!
Malabus
Barcelona £1 billion in debt...was expecting this in all honesty
asl
Messi's representatives have apparently reached an agreement with Arsenal. They've agreed that there's absolutely no chance of that happening, whatsoever.

Made me chuckle, anyway...
longmover
Messi crying :lol:

if it means that much to you mate play for a 1st year scholar or youth team salary, you don't need anymore money. No doubt will go and play in the farmers league for another astronomical sum.

Twat.
Shade
Truth. I get he would be sad leaving a home he doesn't want to leave but, with his wealth, he doesn't have to leave. As you say, off to the graveyard to play 10-15 competitive games a season for £100m.
longmover
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58159464" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The greatest ever player eh? tbf this maybe a ploy to sniff out the prem as its only over the channel get used to the weather and that ;)
Shade
I heard last night on 5Live that he could only stay at Barca if they paid 50% of what he was previously earning, as that's Spanish contract law, apparently. So I take back my previous comments about him not having to leave. But they did also say that Barca just screwed up by not sorting it out before his contract lapsed, as they could have agreed a huge pay cut then, but as soon as it lapsed and it's a new contract instead of an extension that was it.
longmover
Shade wrote:I heard last night on 5Live that he could only stay at Barca if they paid 50% of what he was previously earning, as that's Spanish contract law, apparently. So I take back my previous comments about him not having to leave. But they did also say that Barca just screwed up by not sorting it out before his contract lapsed, as they could have agreed a huge pay cut then, but as soon as it lapsed and it's a new contract instead of an extension that was it.
Well they found a very good accountant (or not) to avoid paying tax so I'm sure this could be circumnavigated and Messi could just give his salary back as a gift its his money he can do as he wants.

Still stinks.
asl
I read something yesterday about the fans booing one of their own players because he had refused to take a wage cut that might have helped Messi stay (although that doesn't correspond with the contract law theory, above...)
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
longmover wrote:
Shade wrote:I heard last night on 5Live that he could only stay at Barca if they paid 50% of what he was previously earning, as that's Spanish contract law, apparently. So I take back my previous comments about him not having to leave. But they did also say that Barca just screwed up by not sorting it out before his contract lapsed, as they could have agreed a huge pay cut then, but as soon as it lapsed and it's a new contract instead of an extension that was it.
Well they found a very good accountant (or not) to avoid paying tax so I'm sure this could be circumnavigated and Messi could just give his salary back as a gift its his money he can do as he wants.

Still stinks.
A good lawyer for keeping Messi out of prison when a normal person would have got two years.