Book update

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Shade
New email update this evening from Murry Toms. For anyone who hasn't had one, it's below. Main take away is that there are about 200 copies available if anyone still wants to get one.

----

At the printers - not long now!
Good evening,

Thanks for your patience and we approach the finishing line. It's probably taken a few more weeks than we expected, due to such a busy summer, but we've got there. The final draft is now at Typecraft, who are in the process of printing it. The process in total should only take six or seven working days so we're now close to having an actual copy in our hands.

1630429469_font.png

In terms of the money we raised to make this project happen, it's still held in escrow on the Crowdfunder platform. That basically means that the project is still open and the funds are ring-fenced by the payment provider (Stripe). People can still buy the book if they wish but at some point we'll have to close it in order to pay our bills to the designer and the printers. We'll make arrangements for any remaining copies to be put in the club shop at £25.

We have ordered 500 in total, having sold almost 300 to date. They can still be bought on our project page.

Our next challenge will be to get the book to you. We do have a plan for postage, which is a service Typecraft also provide but of course it comes at a cost (in total it's more than £1,000).

When we started this project we set out to make as much money as possible to buy tickets for young people to come to watch League One football this year and that's what we're still trying to achieve. Therefore to reduce costs as much as we can we will create a collection station at the ground to encourage people to pick up theirs in person.

However if that doesn't work for you we will of course still send it by post. Either way, once the book arrives at the club we will share another update with clear instructions on how we'll manage it.

Finally, a reminder that we will be appearing at this year's Cheltenham Literature Festival, which is a little daunting to say the least. Michael Duff will be joining us as planned but Ben Tozer will not, following his move last week. We're hoping to be joined by another player (because nobody wants to hear from us on the night!).

Thanks again for bearing with us. We're just about there now.

RJ, JP, MT, AF, LS
crock robin
Appreciate the update as I am not in receipt of any other mails. Please continue to provide these its useful
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Everyone who pledged on the Crowdfunder should get an email to the address used to register etc on Crowdfunder.
Johnsons Red Army
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Everyone who pledged on the Crowdfunder should get an email to the address used to register etc on Crowdfunder.
That’s how it should work.

I did the above but am not getting emails either except for the initial donation receipt/confirmation.
crock robin
Unfortunately same here, no mails after original confirmation
longmover
Johnsons Red Army wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Everyone who pledged on the Crowdfunder should get an email to the address used to register etc on Crowdfunder.
That’s how it should work.

I did the above but am not getting emails either except for the initial donation receipt/confirmation.

same here
CTFC Official
Evening,

Murry here. Apologies for the late response – I've only just seen this thread! I've just logged into the club's account to respond here.

This isn't quite right: "Everyone who pledged on the Crowdfunder should get an email to the address used to register etc on Crowdfunder."

Only pledgers who opted into project updates at the point of payment will receive an update by email. That's a GDPR requirement so you won't get one if you paid, but didn't opt in.

I have been sharing them on the club's social media channels, too.

You can also see them on the page, using the updates tab: https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/champions/updates#start" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am expecting the call from Typecraft any day now to say that the books are ready so I will post another message at that point.

Thanks for your patience with it all. It has been a very busy summer but we are almost there now!

Murry
Jerry St Clair
I'm in. A long form discussion with Duff in the semi-private environment of a literature festival tent will be quite enlightening, I think.
L294 Cheltenham Town Football Club: Celebrating An Historic Campaign

Sun 17 Oct 7:45pm - 8:45pm
The Hive
£9 *plus booking fee

Earlier this year, not only did Cheltenham Town narrowly miss out on a win against Manchester City, they were crowned League Two champions for the first time in the club’s 134-year history. Going from strength to strength, this has been a momentous year for the club, but a bittersweet success for fans who cheered on from home in these strange times. Reflecting on the past 12 months, the club has joined forces with journalist Jon Palmer to create a commemorative book for fans, All Your Dreams Are Made. Join Associate Director Murry Toms as he chats to Manager Michael Duff and Captain Ben Tozer to celebrate the club’s incredible achievements.

https://www.cheltenhamfestivals.com/lit ... -campaign/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Fuller
Don’t think Ben Tozer will appear at the Lit Fest now.....
Jerry St Clair
Fuller wrote:Don’t think Ben Tozer will appear at the Lit Fest now.....
There would definitely be, what's the phrase, scenes.
asl
A couple of years ago, Declan Rice was voted Irish FA Young Player of the Year. The awards presentation night was about a week after he made his full debut for England. I *so* wanted him to turn up in person to collect that and had great fun winding up my in-laws about it!
Shade
There was another update today. It basically said that the books are now ready and can be collected from 1.30pm on Saturday by the club shop, and for 30 mins after full time, and then from the main office during the week. If you need it posting to you, get in touch. There will also be some on sale in the club shop for £25 from Saturday as well.
Johnsons Red Army
Thanks for the update, Shade.

Although, for people like me (and others in the forum based on previous responses), not sure how they expect us to contact them to tell them we’d like it posted if we have opted out of updates.

Were it not for your post above, I’d be none the wiser that I needed to contact them about posting it out to me, and am still uncertain on who to contact even knowing that information.

Hopefully someone on the book team will read this and provide full instructions to those that did opt out of updates and don’t read this forum, as I’m sure there are some.
Red Duke
Johnsons Red Army wrote:Thanks for the update, Shade.

Although, for people like me (and others in the forum based on previous responses), not sure how they expect us to contact them to tell them we’d like it posted if we have opted out of updates.

Were it not for your post above, I’d be none the wiser that I needed to contact them about posting it out to me, and am still uncertain on who to contact even knowing that information.

Hopefully someone on the book team will read this and provide full instructions to those that did opt out of updates and don’t read this forum, as I’m sure there are some.
If you want it posting, you need to send an e-mail to murry.toms(at)gmail.com with your address.
CTFC Official
Morning,

Here is the update I posted yesterday. It will have gone to everyone by email who opted into project updates when they paid (GDPR). It's also available on the campaign page and I shared the link on all our social media channels, too. I'll share more posts this afternoon. I will also post all updates in this thread from this point onwards.

• Books can be collected from 1.30pm tomorrow (outside the club shop)
• After the game for about half-hour
• From Monday at the club during office hours
• By post if needed (but we're encouraging people to collect if they can)

Thanks to everyone who has been in touch about postage – I won't be able to reply to you all but I am receiving your emails.

Cheers for your patience with it all.

Murry

–––

Update:

https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/champions ... 4822#start" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hello,

A quick update. The book has now arrived at the club, ready for collection. We're really pleased with it and we hope you are too. Thank you for your continued patience but we've got there, so now for the final bit of getting it to you.

We have arranged a collection point directly outside the club shop (next to the ticket office) before and after Saturday's match against Oxford United. Two of our student interns will be on hand to check your name off the list and hand over your copy.

We expect the weather to be good but we recommend you bring a bag to keep it safe from the elements, just in case. They will be there from 1.30pm until just before kick-off, and then for half-hour or so after the match. We thank them for their help.

Then from Monday onwards, you will be able to drop by the club and collect it from the main office during office hours.

Of course some of you will require postage, which is perfectly fine too. We hope as many people as possible will collect theirs to reduce costs with every single penny of our profits (around £5,000) will be invested into tickets for young supporters this season.

If you require it to be sent to you, please drop me a quick email to confirm your address at murry.toms@gmail.com and we will begin that process next week.

We have sold about 300 copies so far and it is still available to buy for £20 at Crowdfunder.co.uk/champions. However we will be closing the project tomorrow evening at 9pm in order to access the customer list and receive the money we have raised to pay our bills for the project.

Around 200 copies will then be available in the club shop on Saturday and online from Monday. The cost will be £25 to be fair to the people that have helped make this project happen through Crowdfunder.

Thanks once again for all of your support and patience. It's been a brilliant experience and we just hope you enjoy reading it as much as we did producing it.

We hope to make another announcement about the kids tickets once the dust has settled on the collection process. And don't forget that Michael Duff, Will Boyle, Jon Palmer and Richard Joyce will be appearing at the Cheltenham Literature Festival next month to talk about the project. More details are here.

See you Saturday,

MT, JP, RJ, LS.
CTFC Official
Evening,

A short update as promised about postal orders which are now being processed. Thanks for your patience!

https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/champions ... 5227#start" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Murry
Shade
I haven't read through it all yet but the book is excellent. Very high quality. It shall remain on my coffee table for many years to come.
CTFC Official
Afternoon,

There is another opportunity to collect your book tomorrow from the club shop, where a limited number of copies are still on sale (for £25). Bring a bag as the forecast is for rain! Collections are also still available during the week in office hours. Meanwhile those who requested delivery shouldn't have too much longer to wait with postage beginning earlier in the week.

Full update: https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/champions ... 5707#start" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks for your patience,

Murry
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I need to get in touch to organise delivery, unless I can collect at the Sheff Wed game.
CTFC Official
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:I need to get in touch to organise delivery, unless I can collect at the Sheff Wed game.
Hello RCS,

You will be able to collect your book at the Sheffield Wednesday match. It has been put aside for you, however if you need to arrange postage please drop me a note.

Murry
CTFC Official
Shade wrote:I haven't read through it all yet but the book is excellent. Very high quality. It shall remain on my coffee table for many years to come.
Thanks Shade! We appreciate that.

We've now been able to help subsidise £1 kids tickets for four games this month, so we have to thank everyone who supported the project. Hopefully we'll see hundreds of young supporters at some of those games, which was our aim from the outset.

Full details: https://www.ctfc.com/news/2021/october/ ... n-october/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Murry
everyman
Jerry St Clair wrote:
Fuller wrote:Don’t think Ben Tozer will appear at the Lit Fest now.....
There would definitely be, what's the phrase, scenes.
We could throw the book at him ?
crock robin
Had the book delivered as could not get to the ground was most appreciated great quality and job well done.

Thanks to all concerned with the work undertaken to produce the book it looks really professional and well put together
Horteng
Where do we buy this book?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Horteng wrote:Where do we buy this book?
Not sure many were made for general sale - I and others pre-ordered during the crowdfunder.
Johnsons Red Army
Horteng wrote:Where do we buy this book?
Pretty sure they said they had a limited amount on sale in the club shop, albeit this was a week or two ago I read this.
Shade
Yes, £25 in the club shop. I think it's basically the remainder of the batch, as they had to get a second batch made up and there was a minimum amount that could be ordered.
Horteng
Shade wrote:Yes, £25 in the club shop. I think it's basically the remainder of the batch, as they had to get a second batch made up and there was a minimum amount that could be ordered.
£25? For a book?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Horteng wrote:
Shade wrote:Yes, £25 in the club shop. I think it's basically the remainder of the batch, as they had to get a second batch made up and there was a minimum amount that could be ordered.
£25? For a book?
You can get books which cost a lot more than that mate.
Red Duke
Horteng wrote:
£25? For a book?
The price also includes money to enable the subsidy for £1 for the kids tickets.
Hubert Parry
It was a good event tonight.

It was more or less at capacity and all the speakers were on top form.
Jerry St Clair
Hubert Parry wrote:It was a good event tonight.

It was more or less at capacity and all the speakers were on top form.
Yep, it was sold out by Friday. Really enjoyed it.

Special mention to the wag who asked Duff what his favourite hotel in Gillingham is.
Hubert Parry
Ha - that was me...
Shade
:lol: good stuff