Cheltenham Town v Exeter City

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Team news, live updates and reaction all here this evening: https://bit.ly/ExeterCityTrophy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
HamTown
Lovely finish by Miles
Alf
Down to the training ground to practice pennos’……….unless we really didn’t want to win that game.
Benctfc
Main takes from the game.

Crowley best player on the pitch by a mile. You can see why he was a championship player.

Armitage looks a good prospect really solid performance you wouldn't have know he was 16.

Bonds I am still not sure what he offers. Norton didnt show much either.

Barker's made a lot of mistakes the worst of them gifting them a goal no where near ready for L1 level.
Horteng
Was Duffo there or was WE in charge?
HamTown
Thought Barkers did mostly ok apart from a shocking 5 minutes where he seemed to be playing for the other team

Bonds was pretty mediocre but he has been out for so long

Horton looked solid aswell

Felix Miles was tidy, hopefully Crowley can show him a thing or 2 on the training pitch as they seem very similar players in stature and style
Shade
Barkers lost his head for 5 minutes, but got his head right, which is the main thing. Understandable when he was on the bench for Alvechurch a few weeks ago. He showed he's ready for L1 on Saturday and I'd rather he gets the mistakes out of him against Exeter in the trophy.

Duff was there in the stand, WE was on the touchline. Basically a role reversal for the night, I think.
longmover
Shade wrote:Barkers lost his head for 5 minutes, but got his head right, which is the main thing. Understandable when he was on the bench for Alvechurch a few weeks ago. He showed he's ready for L1 on Saturday and I'd rather he gets the mistakes out of him against Exeter in the trophy.

Duff was there in the stand, WE was on the touchline. Basically a role reversal for the night, I think.
Agree with Barkers he was the only one who was trying to start something and had some strong runs through the middle a la Harry Pell in the National days