Commentary

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

horlickfanclub
It was hard to get an idea on who did what last night. The radio commentary was taken over by twitter .It seemed like the game had been abandoned for long periods. Why can't people raise their issues at Q and A instead of when a game is on? The commentators seemed to not be able to pay attention to the football. Really poor.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Don’t blame people for tweeting….it is the commentators who choose how many to read out and when.

Although in fairness I suspect the producers encourage the commentators and studio presenter to do it. Radio Glos and CTFC will both monitor how many people engage with their handles and hashtags on Twitter and probably have targets for engagements. Reading out tweets makes people more likely to write and engage, thus helping to meet targets.
Red Duke
horlickfanclub wrote:It was hard to get an idea on who did what last night. The radio commentary was taken over by twitter .It seemed like the game had been abandoned for long periods. Why can't people raise their issues at Q and A instead of when a game is on? The commentators seemed to not be able to pay attention to the football. Really poor.
Thankfully, I was watching the game on iFollow and so I could ignore the Q & A stuff. I thought it was very poor form by Radio Glos to do this rather than just commentating on the action.

It should have been left to half time to do it.
Shade
I guess the thinking was it's only a trophy game, nobody cares that much, let's do a mix of chat and commentary.
horlickfanclub
It was advertised as commentary not twitterchat.