Gillingham v Cheltenham

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Shade
How can JP post but nobody else can?!

Oh, it seems we can now post again. Hit and miss first half. Vassell isn't showing anything - think he might need a couple of games on the bench, or coming off of it.
Shade
Jeez..get him off. Don't care who comes on, can't be much worse tonight.
Shade
Always knew Vassell would do something of use eventually...:lol: get in Alfie, about time we took a chance.
Shade
Just feels like gifting Gillingham a chance to dominate possession, taking Crowley off and bringing Norton on. Vassell and Norton are not exactly players that are holding on to possession much. Norton is a bit of a Bambi.

The Boy!
Shade
Good stuff. Back to back League One wins and up to 10th, 1 point and 1 place above our next opponents, who seem to have regained some form, unfortunately. We owe Bolton a couple of beatings after last season.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
May! Great finish, and good to see him taking one.

Where to start? Finally a win in the swamp at the ninth time of asking. Fantastic. Hopefully the last trip there for a least two seasons if they go down.

Is there a better sight in football than Callum Wright charging towards the box and getting ready to shoot on his left foot from the D? His shot was blocked but when he did exactly that in the dying minutes my mind’s eye was already picturing him jogging away with arms out in celebration.

Good night all in all. Just hope Blair and CT are not out for too long.
HamTown
Can I post?

Big shoutout to Long, Chapman, Joseph and Freestone thought they were excellent.

Was a huge (and welcome) surprise to see Wright given 20 mins seemingly out the blue - hopefully we can take a few more shots from the edge of the area, it can be infuriating sometimes to see us take an extra unnecessary pass and our attack to be smothered - JUST TAKE A SHOT!

Edit: I can post!
Red Duke
[quote="HamTown"]Can I post?

Big shoutout to Long, Chapman, Joseph and Freestone thought they were excellent.

Was a huge (and welcome) surprise to see Wright given 20 mins seemingly out the blue - hopefully we can take a few more shots from the edge of the area, it can be infuriating sometimes to see us take an extra unnecessary pass and our attack to be smothered - JUST TAKE A SHOT!

Edit: I can post![/quote]

I also thought that Chapman was very good. the role of being the anchor in midfield seems to suit him. Maybe it will become his normal starting psoition.