The Prediction League 2021/2022 The winner is Cliffy90

Run by Shade

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin, Shade

theidlerich
The winner - Cliffy90 - reigns supreme.

Cliffy90 runs away with the title and so deserved; a difficult season to predict; but his/her lead was always in the distance! Disappointed that a few fell by the wayside rather early on but a few stalwarts carried on regardless. Huge congratulations to Mike Duff who has been outstanding as manager, also to his staff and naturally to the whole squad. An excellent achievement to be 15th as a newly promoted side with, in comparison to many others, financially rather less well off.
I look forward to seeing news about the remodelling of the squad in the late close season and hope that we will at least remain status quo next season; but a few rather better off clubs coming up!
I will not run this prediction league next season, hoping that someone will step in and try their luck. Perhaps OTC in disguise? [apologies OTC!]; especially as 'he' will be in the same league next season :).
Have a good summer one and all tir,

Cliffy90 215

ASL 140
RCS 70
Shade 150
The Idle Rich 140
Johnsons Red Army 160
Red Duke 145
Pie 100
Johnsons Red Army
Congrats Cliffy90!

Thanks tir for your efforts running this again this season and all the past seasons.

Hopefully you will reconsider your decision, but if literally nobody else wants to do it, I’ll put my name forward to take over from you.
theidlerich
Hi JRA - Thanks - would be very pleased if you do. Would at this stage suggest a similar format as a simple excel spreadsheet will suffice.; and stick too a manageable number of participants unless you produce a whizzy software programme rather like OTC does for FGR!
Enjoy the 'summer'.
Shade
If JRA would prefer not to (as "if literally nobody else wants to do it" suggests!), then I don't mind doing it. I did it for a season or two at some point before you took it on, but I then had a busy time coming up and didn't think I'd be able to carry on.
Johnsons Red Army
Happy to let Shade take over, especially given the previous experience doing it.

Thanks Shade for offering.
asl
I join the thanks to tir for running things (and add my congrats to cliffy!)

I'm happy to continue to participate so long as we stick to on-field matters (i.e. no bonus points for guessing the crowd, or such nonsense.)

Sent from my SM-G9860 using Tapatalk

Shade
No problem.

I should have also offered thanks to tir for his efforts over the last few years.
theidlerich
Really pleased and delighted that one of the 'stalwarts' might take over the reins. Intrigued that Shade has fronted this before - not as Pitbull by any chance [I enjoyed his witty and often pithy remarks...!]?

On the scoring front I actually agree that crowd/cards etc are a red herring - and also complicate a simplistic scoring system. but perhaps a silly one at the Boxing Day game....
Shade
No, I’ve always been Shade! No witty or pithy comments have ever originated from here…
theidlerich
OK...just a thought.