Advertising Boards

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

MrCTFC
I’ve noticed a lot of clubs around our size are starting to use the LED advertising boards around their grounds. Is this something we should be looking into. Be interesting to know the set up/running cost of these to increasing revenue for more advertising. Club could be doing smaller game packages for advertising instead of business paying for a full season
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Could even do in-game ‘auctions’.

Eg assuming that the digital boards rotate two or three sponsors who pay a fixed fee for equal display time, then before the game you ask them to ‘bid’ for a premium exposure slot. So if, for example, there is a penalty which means a section of the boards will be guaranteed exposure on ITV and Sky highlights, the highest bidder in the auction gets their advert shown guaranteed, rather than having a 1 in 3 chance which comes with a goal in open play. No obligation to bid.
Fuller
I’m sure our commercial team are looking into this.
They did a great job with the advertising in the circumstances for the Man City game.
longmover
Fuller wrote: 12 Aug 2022, 10:54 I’m sure our commercial team are looking into this.
They did a great job with the advertising in the circumstances for the Man City game.
With all due respect i should imagine they didn't have to do much, they would of had companies biting their arms off to advertise in that game.
Robin
I wonder if this is something the 500 club could help fund (if cost feasible), would likely need to use them behind the goals so they make the TV cameras. Definitely an area the club appear to be behind in.
Fuller
longmover wrote: 12 Aug 2022, 11:35
Fuller wrote: 12 Aug 2022, 10:54 I’m sure our commercial team are looking into this.
With all due respect i should imagine they didn't have to do much, they would of had companies biting their arms off to advertise in that game.
And with due respect our commercial dept was furloughed at the time. A large chunk of the work was done by a director who had enough on his plate running his own company during an epidemic. I thought the presentation of the ground was exceptional in the circumstances.
Fuller
Robin wrote: 12 Aug 2022, 11:35 I wonder if this is something the 500 club could help fund (if cost feasible), would likely need to use them behind the goals so they make the TV cameras. Definitely an area the club appear to be behind in.
Presumably there are companies who fund the boards and take a cut of the advertising revenue?
Not sure with the layout of the CF they could be positioned there but it might help keep some idiots off the pitch?
MrCTFC
I think even just to start with along side the main stand in view of the tv camera, I know in front of the hazelwoods stand they were tight for space to do it for the city game and had to remove the barriers, I’d imagine they'd have to make the walkways narrower, depending on what the minimum requirement is for it
Broadway Brian
I’d be surprised if there is room. Take the Colin Farmer for example, in order to not be too close to the purchase nx therefore a danger to players, they’d likely make wheelchair access tricky. I don’t know the precise measurements but they are a big piece of kit.

And count out the away end given how the challenged away fans interfere with the goal nets when they score a goal.
paperboy
Broadway Brian wrote: 12 Aug 2022, 14:28 I’d be surprised if there is room. Take the Colin Farmer for example, in order to not be too close to the purchase nx therefore a danger to players, they’d likely make wheelchair access tricky. I don’t know the precise measurements but they are a big piece of kit.

And count out the away end given how the challenged
away fans interfere with the goal nets when they score a goal.
Not sure The Colin Farmer would be too attractive to advertisers unless a match is on Sky as it's out of view of the cameras.
In front of the canteen near the corner flag might be popular as lots of goals are created from that area.😉
Malabus
Flashing pointless advertising boards is the very least of our concerns.