Cheltenham Vs Coventry Friendly

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Campden Robin
Hi all I have a couple of friends who want to go in the away end for the above mentioned friendly, but they just want to make sure that by coming along all proceeds go to CTFC and not Coventry as most Coventry fans hate the owners.

Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks.
taxidave
I do not believe that anyone on this forum is in a position to categorically state that Coventry City will not receive any payment for playing this fixture.
There is only one person, who occasionally posts on here, who could confirm or deny any payment but I am sure he will not.
hEaLeR
I thought it was standard practice that the home teams keep pre-season gate receipts. I think on occasions travel expenses are paid.
bigdavejambo
the only time gate receipts are split in friendlies are if its a fundraiser such as if a team if financially screwed and need extra revenue or if certain clubs havent paid their landlords their rent!!!!
everyman
bigdavejambo wrote:the only time gate receipts are split in friendlies are if its a fundraiser such as if a team if financially screwed and need extra revenue or if certain clubs havent paid their landlords their rent!!!!
Gloucester will be quids in then ?
Prestbury Park
Mocking Coventry's plight is not funny,they probably don't have other clubs to fall back on when the mood takes them.They stick loyal to the club they support through thick and thin.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Don't think Coventry were being mocked - it was more of a reference to the bail-out match on 20th July. Will we be in our sky blue as the away team that game, just like coventry will be?
Prestbury Park
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Don't think Coventry were being mocked - it was more of a reference to the bail-out match on 20th July. Will we be in our sky blue as the away team that game, just like coventry will be?
I think the last park of Bigdavemonkeyhangers post was a cheap shot.
R_Payney
Prestbury Park wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Don't think Coventry were being mocked - it was more of a reference to the bail-out match on 20th July. Will we be in our sky blue as the away team that game, just like coventry will be?
I think the last park of Bigdavemonkeyhangers post was a cheap shot.
Pretty sure he was referring to Gloucester there