Ciren - especially for Hoeteng

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

asl
Official Facebook feed wrote:GOAL > Cirencester 0-1 Cheltenham (Cureton 11) - McGlashan's cross and Cureton in the right place at the right time to head in.
:lol:
Mr Wendal
Apart from the cross he was absolutely dire today, not alone though, we struggled to string 2 passes together
cheltsaxon
Agreed that was the only cross that he made all game.
51/84
we had a 3 or 4 passing move to score the second
CS85
Apart from the cross for curetons goal mcglashan was useless today,wheres his confidence gone?,looked scored to take on a pub team left back.
Robin
McGlashan was seriously short on confidence rarely took on the Ciren full back who looked pub standard.
mattyboi
cheltsaxon wrote:Agreed that was the only cross that he made all game.
100% hit rate then, no doubt had he have made 99 other crosses that had no end result other than, too close to keeper, didnt beat 1st man, over everyones head, you would still moan. This is PRE-season, get over it!
CS85
Oh no he did attempt many crosses,but the rest were shite.
51/84
hes been upset by reading this board
but he tried to hard to score with the chance in the second half
Robin
To be fair this board has been extremely supportive of Jermaine apart from Horteng and to a lesser extent Shevates.
Mr Wendal
51/84 wrote:hes been upset by reading this board
I like Jermaine but so what if he's upset? Every professional sportsman in the world gets criticised, he's got to grow a thicker skin and deal with it. Prove people wrong.

As for the chance he had to score I'd be worried if he didn't try hard :lol:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Mr Wendal wrote:
51/84 wrote:hes been upset by reading this board
I like Jermaine but so what if he's upset? Every professional sportsman in the world gets criticised, he's got to grow a thicker skin and deal with it. Prove people wrong.

As for the chance he had to score I'd be worried if he didn't try hard :lol:
Easiest thing to do is leave and join a club in a higher division.
Horteng
asl wrote:
Official Facebook feed wrote:GOAL > Cirencester 0-1 Cheltenham (Cureton 11) - McGlashan's cross and Cureton in the right place at the right time to head in.
:lol:
Wow McGlashan is certainly tearing these pub teams apart getting a couple of crosses over a game......
Horteng
Were you at the same game asl?
cheltsaxon wrote:Cureton looks class movement was brilliant, taylor done well Deering was best player on the pitch for me, downside was Mcglashan failed to skin anyone crossing was again awful and missed two guilt edged chances getting it out the system now hopefully, Gornell looked ok Harrison was lazy as usual, of the trialists I'd give Rees a chance Door nail can go non league and anyinsah the same.
C.V
Who gives a toss its all about fitness.What did you lot want him to do tare them apart himself and score ten goals FFS
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Spot on CV. Pre-season is all about fitness. I'd take a 5-0 defeat in the bail-out match if the effort and time each player made was in keeping with the fitness targets. Yates and his staff will surely know what weight, heart rate, watts output etc each player needs to be on day one of the season, and pre season is about that and the squad getting to recognise each other, not results.
Chelt Luke in Glos
So what if Mcglashan had a 'bad' game. Unlike most people I happen to rate him and I dont think there is much better on the right side in our league. He has trickery and pace. Yes sometimes he lacks a quality cross or chance but I have seen him score some great goals and he tracks back and tackles, in my opinion he is one of our best players and I think he will have a great season.

Over the last 2 seasons I can name many games where he deserved MOTM (even in defeat)
asl
Nope, I wasn't there. I offered no comment on Jermaine's performance, only repeating the quote from the official site.

Here's a question: if Jermaine were to be rubbish every game this coming season, yet produce one run or cross each game that directly led to a goal, would he still be first on the list to be got shut of at the first available opportunity?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
asl wrote:Nope, I wasn't there. I offered no comment on Jermaine's performance, only repeating the quote from the official site.

Here's a question: if Jermaine were to be rubbish every game this coming season, yet produce one run or cross each game that directly led to a goal, would he still be first on the list to be got shut of at the first available opportunity?
It's the lower-league numbskull fan mindset I'm afraid. McG could to do one cross a game and nothing else, and Harrison could head each one of those crosses in the net. We could win every game of the season 1-0 and walk to the title and half the fans would abuse those players for not tracking back or getting stuck in and stuff like that.

Our leading scorer last season was labelled lazy, the second leading scorer and assister was abused viscously and then moved up a league, and our top assister is already being labelled as too slow and in need of replacement by some.