Baker on Tigers

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Video here: http://bit.ly/BakerTigers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Fuller
"The arrangement was going fantastically well until they had issues last season, which have been well-documented," Baker said.

Well most of us didn't think it was going fantastically well whilst our pitch was being ruined, and the poor quality football we then had to put with. Hope this is their last season here for sure, although I suspect they will be here for 2014/15 as well.
Peter Griffin
Yet despite the "ruined" pitch and "poor quality football" we went unbeaten for TWENTY home league games?
Horteng
Jon Palmer wrote:Video here: http://bit.ly/BakerTigers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Can we show a little respect and call him by his name not his surname..... It does nark me when I see him referered to as "Baker".

Have a little respect for the guy.......
Malabus
Horteng wrote:
Jon Palmer wrote:Video here: http://bit.ly/BakerTigers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Can we show a little respect and call him by his name not his surname..... It does nark me when I see him referered to as "Baker".

Traditionally calling a male person by his surname is honouring his tribe/clan.
Hubert Parry
Horteng wrote:

The whole point of a short link is that it is short.
51/84
can you do the same for Jermaine McGlashan then for the same reasons you stated then Horty
Peter Griffin
Perhaps next year the Robins Player commentary will be something like "And Russ Penn has the ball just inside his own half and plays it out wide to Jermaine McGlashan....Jermaine McGlashan beats his man, he has Terry Gornell and Jamie Cureton in the centre, Jermaine McGlashan needs to cross now, he does, and it's headed in by Jamie Cureton!"
asl
I reckon Radio Glos should use 'Mr' in all commentaries, personally.

And do them in a 1920's Mr Cholmondley-Warner accent.
Shade
So "Mr Penn controls the football just inside of his own half of the pitch and produces a kick-pass of the football out to Mr McGlashan, who is in a wide position upon the football field. Mr McGlashan shows a splendiferous spot of trickery enough to bamboozle even the late, great Mr Robert Moore. Mr McGlashan has used his right foot to kick the ball high into the middle of the pitch, approximately thirteen yards from Cheltenham Town's opponents goal, and Mr Cureton has leapt like a salmon...speaking of which, sirs, I enjoyed a beautiful spot of luncheon before this most entertaining of football matches. And it is a goal, by the way. Mr Cureton has once again finished another wonderful team move with a sublime goal. Six-nil to the Cheltenham team of football players."
Pie
asl wrote:I reckon Radio Glos should use 'Mr' in all commentaries, personally.
Or Master, or lord!

"Lord Brown the keeper, passes the ball to Lord Brown of Troy. Lord Brown of Troy launches the ball forward towards lord Penn who gracefully heads it wide to Lord McGlashan"
taxidave
Pie wrote:
asl wrote:I reckon Radio Glos should use 'Mr' in all commentaries, personally.
Or Master, or lord!

"Lord Brown the keeper, passes the ball to Lord Brown of Troy. Lord Brown of Troy launches the ball forward towards lord Penn who gracefully heads it wide to Lord McGlashan"
And the match is being watched by Lord Jones who is sat up in the stands. :lol:
51/84
surely its seated in the grandstand Dave!
taxidave
51/84 wrote:surely its seated in the grandstand Dave!
I stand corrected ! :oops:
art vandalay
Peter Griffin wrote:Yet despite the "ruined" pitch and "poor quality football" we went unbeaten for TWENTY home league games?
You seem to be assuming there's a direct correlation between the quality of the pitch and our home record, but this isn't necessarily the case. It's quite possible that an improvement in the pitch would see us yield fewer points, or that inviting a third club to share would see us get more. We just don't know.
The problem that some of us have is that the pitch is staging too many games for too little direct financial reward, and the outcome is quite clearly that the quality of the pitch has suffered. For a club that charges many fans close to £20 a game, I think that these priorities are misguided as I left Whaddon Road far too many times last season feeling that I had witnessed a poor game, regardless of the result.
Sprout Picker
art vandalay wrote:
Peter Griffin wrote:Yet despite the "ruined" pitch and "poor quality football" we went unbeaten for TWENTY home league games?
You seem to be assuming there's a direct correlation between the quality of the pitch and our home record, but this isn't necessarily the case. It's quite possible that an improvement in the pitch would see us yield fewer points, or that inviting a third club to share would see us get more. We just don't know.
The problem that some of us have is that the pitch is staging too many games for too little direct financial reward, and the outcome is quite clearly that the quality of the pitch has suffered. For a club that charges many fans close to £20 a game, I think that these priorities are misguided as I left Whaddon Road far too many times last season feeling that I had witnessed a poor game, regardless of the result.
Totally agree av, summed up my thoughts nicely. I've seen in the last couple of seasons the style of play MY's teams are capable of but to do that on that surface we suffered at the end of last season is impossible. Twenty unbeaten is great but we didn't play the passing stuff we were capable of.
SteveBurnsTV
Lord Brown of Troy lol