Premier Sports tv

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

taxidave
I have just found out that I can receive Premier Sports TV with my Virgin package on channel 551. Does anyone know if they have any football on there these days (did they have Conference football last season). Tonight they are showing a friendly between Poland v Ireland and they are currently advertising ice hockey at the weekend.
Malabus
Think they still cover Skrill Conference matches.
Andy
From what I gather Dave it is free on all packages until the end of the year then I think from January its a standalone premium channel at £7.99 a month (although this may get reviewed if the channel does well).

Not sure what footy they have (other than some internationals), but they have all the rugby league world cup games, they show Live NHL Ice Hockey. Not sure if they have many other premium sports to watch though but worth keeping an eye on.

Edited to add: Just had a look at this - doesnt look like Skrill anymore.

http://www.premiersports.tv/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Rugby League a Premium Sport?
TheRaven
I have a subscription to Premier Sports as I'm a big ice hockey fan. They also show a fair amount of NASCAR, rugby league and South American football. They used to have Conference football but I think BT have picked that up from them. The advertising is irritating at best, enraging at worst; at least during the ice hockey, as they do not do anything to the feed and haven't paid to have any of the studio-based content. Instead you get a loop of adverts and a lot of time watching a red screen that says 'Live NHL continues shortly'. It is rarely shortly. I'm considering leaving, as they also promised that HD was on the way, but now all mention of it has ceased.
taxidave
There certainly does not appear to be anything to attract my attention as I am not a fan of ice hockey, rugby league or south american football.
What I do not understand is why you are paying a subscription for this channel when I get it free.
Andy
taxidave wrote: What I do not understand is why you are paying a subscription for this channel when I get it free.
Presumably with Sky rather than Virgin. Sky have had it for a while now Dave so presumably have started charging for it. It is also possible to watch it online with a subscription.
TheRaven
Yes, there is no cable in my area. So I have Sky, where the channel is not free.