to all you blind yates backers

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Reliant Robin
And today's result v Bury is exactly why I back Yates, why I have always backed Yates and why I will continue to back Yates. Only the misguided few with their ill-conceived hidden agendas want him out. The Club is safe in Yates' hands.
Circa 1887
I want Yates out in the summer. What's my hidden agenda, Reliant Robin? Enlighten me.
Reliant Robin
Circa 1887 wrote:I want Yates out in the summer. What's my hidden agenda, Reliant Robin? Enlighten me.
Well, Circa 1887 - it's hidden :roll: so how am I supposed to know? ;)
Circa 1887
Well it must be very well hidden - because not even I know it.
Reliant Robin
Circa 1887 wrote:Well it must be very well hidden - because not even I know it.
So why do you want him out then? Because we don't win every game? Because we are safe from relegation? Because you have a better manager in mind? Because you believe we should be in a higher league?
Jebolani
'If' we hadn't won is the stupidest thing. WE DID WIN HENCE WHY WE AREN'T IN THAT POSITION. 'Blind Yates backers' can celebrate whilst the rest of you can find other clubs to support!
Circa 1887
We aren't 'safe' from relegation just yet, no matter how confident we're feeling.

I want change because I believe (and it's just my opinion) that he is tactically naive, has badly under-performed on the whole this season with some dire football and illogical decisions, and is not the most pleasant/respectable person off of the pitch. I think we have a real gem in Rus Milton, I'd love to see him given a go.

No "misguided hidden agenda"...just my personal feelings on the matter. I'll want my club to succeed regardless. On that note - Jebolani, your comments are bizarre. I'm a football fan - we don't just 'find other clubs', nor would I want to.
Oldun
Agree totally Circa, especially about the quality (or lack of it!)
Joey
Yes, so tactically inept that his two subs today won us the game!
Oldun
And what about all the games when the subs have been left too late and the team selection has been a joke etc etc. This unconvincing win doesn't take away all the pain of what has gone before.
Circa 1887
Joey wrote:Yes, so tactically inept that his two subs today won us the game!
You're right, we should ignore the rest of the season and focus on today Joey. :roll:
kags
Still need noble back for next week, the central midfield of Richards and Deering isn't good enough. Considering how ineffective Cureton was we might as well have played Byron from the start with all the hoofball.
Reliant Robin
For any Manager to have turned around a team that was defeated 1-4 only 4 days ago to a 2-1 win against a team that had also banged in 4 goals the other night, deserves a huge amount of credit. That shows the CTFC Team were motivated and playing for the Manager & determined to right the wrongs of Tuesday night. Tactically Yates got it right today, introducing Byron at the right time which changed the game.
Si Robin
Circa 1887 wrote:
You're right, we should ignore the rest of the season and focus on today Joey. :roll:
You're only as good as your last result :lol:
Robin
Yates was clueless again today I'm afraid.
R_Payney
Robin wrote:Yates was clueless again today I'm afraid.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Reliant Robin
joes dad
Circa 1887
Got things right eventually in fairness, tactically wrong for best part of 70-80 mins though
51/84
can you stop robin my sides are splitting :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Robin
Got to love those deluded enough to think otherwise. We were outplayed for most of the match, remember that? Jermaine produced a superb bit of skill and then Bury fell apart, please tell me what the clueless one did right!
Reliant Robin
Robin wrote:Got to love those deluded enough to think otherwise. We were outplayed for most of the match, remember that? Jermaine produced a superb bit of skill and then Bury fell apart, please tell me what the clueless one did right!
Well, for starters Robin, you've given us all a damn good laugh on here ;)
Robin
Well keep wearing the blinkers Reliant.
Reliant Robin
Robin wrote:Well keep wearing the blinkers Reliant.
We will see who is right at the end of the season Robin.
Robin
Please tell me how we will see?
THECHOIRBOY
Robin wrote: please tell me what the clueless one did right!
Brought on Harrison for the very ineffective Cureton
triggo
Robin
Stop there
You're starting to l;ook like an arse
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Circa 1887 wrote:We aren't 'safe' from relegation just yet, no matter how confident we're feeling.

I want change because I believe (and it's just my opinion) that he is tactically naive, has badly under-performed on the whole this season with some dire football and illogical decisions, and is not the most pleasant/respectable person off of the pitch. I think we have a real gem in Rus Milton, I'd love to see him given a go.

No "misguided hidden agenda"...just my personal feelings on the matter. I'll want my club to succeed regardless. On that note - Jebolani, your comments are bizarre. I'm a football fan - we don't just 'find other clubs', nor would I want to.
Tend to agree - I have said all season not to renew contract if we don't make play-offs.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Two subs out of how many during the season? Some are bound to pay-off even if he was just guessing.
London Exile
I just hope we can start to pick up performances and hopefully the results will follow suit.
Need a positive end to the season, end on a high and take that into preseason.
Robin
Which two subs one us the game? Byron scored a tap in and how is that down to Yates? It was a piece of skill from Jermaine that won us the bloody game!!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Robin wrote:Which two subs one us the game? Byron scored a tap in and how is that down to Yates? It was a piece of skill from Jermaine that won us the bloody game!!
From reading several independent reviews on here from knowledgeable fans, Byron changed the game through his hold-up and interchanging play.

I don't know what Zack did.

But, by your own admission we were awful until the last 10-15 mins, where we ended up winning the game. It's only logical to assume that as the team did better after the subs came on, that the subs made a difference.

Team game after all. Did McGlashan have more space after Byron came on and Zach brought a new bit of pace to the pitch? Was he more confident if he took players on there would be someone keeping up in the middle to get on the end of a cross?

Have to think about the bigger picture. If the team was much better after substitutions, then it makes sense to class those substitutions as a success.
ctfcshire
Reliant Robin wrote:For any Manager to have turned around a team that was defeated 1-4 only 4 days ago to a 2-1 win against a team that had also banged in 4 goals the other night, deserves a huge amount of credit. That shows the CTFC Team were motivated and playing for the Manager & determined to right the wrongs of Tuesday night. Tactically Yates got it right today, introducing Byron at the right time which changed the game.
I can only assume you weren't at the game today.

We robbed 3 points from Bury today, our defence is a complete shambles and had their finishing not been so poor they'd have hammered us.

The tactics today seemed to be the same as Tuesday night, let the opposition have as long as they want on the ball and don't make any attempt to tackle even when they're in our penalty area.

I suppose you think playing Cureton as lone striker today was another one of Yates' genius ideas when all we ever do is play hoof ball.

I don't think we're in danger of relegation this season but would worry for next season with Yates at the helm, I would say the defending is as bad as it was under Allen.
Sprout Picker
ctfcshire wrote:
Reliant Robin wrote:For any Manager to have turned around a team that was defeated 1-4 only 4 days ago to a 2-1 win against a team that had also banged in 4 goals the other night, deserves a huge amount of credit. That shows the CTFC Team were motivated and playing for the Manager & determined to right the wrongs of Tuesday night. Tactically Yates got it right today, introducing Byron at the right time which changed the game.
I can only assume you weren't at the game today.

We robbed 3 points from Bury today, our defence is a complete shambles and had their finishing not been so poor they'd have hammered us.

The tactics today seemed to be the same as Tuesday night, let the opposition have as long as they want on the ball and don't make any attempt to tackle even when they're in our penalty area.

I suppose you think playing Cureton as lone striker today was another one of Yates' genius ideas when all we ever do is play hoof ball.

I don't think we're in danger of relegation this season but would worry for next season with Yates at the helm, I would say the defending is as bad as it was under Allen.
So I assume from this that Scotty played a blinder with all those shots raining in on his goal?
CS85
The majority of the pro Yates mob seem to be those who rarely go to the games.......pro Yates because they haven't just flushed £20 down the bog watching absolute shite football for 90 mins. All Rosie from the arm chair.