Any Bristol Rovers related posts ....

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

bigdavejambo
Should be in the other section forum as this is a League Two related page :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Andy
:).
Shade
Nice. Down the Gas!

Just saw their fans getting their heads kicked in by the police as well, the morons.

Off to celebrate non-league Rovers! Well done Wycombe, Cobblers and Mansfield, who had nothing to play for and a few bad defeats in a row, for making one of my dreams come true!
Ralph
http://www.brfcforum.co.uk/index.php?/t ... 96-own-up/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Joey
http://www.brfcforum.co.uk/index.php?/t ... rspective/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
When we come back up and we will, I think we will go straight through to League One.

The standard of League Two is appalling ... Fact ! A good, well disciplined structured team can stand out and will succeed.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is brilliant, absolutely brilliant. Good riddance.
London Exile
Joey wrote:http://www.brfcforum.co.uk/index.php?/t ... rspective/
When we come back up and we will, I think we will go straight through to League One.

The standard of League Two is appalling ... Fact ! A good, well disciplined structured team can stand out and will succeed.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is brilliant, absolutely brilliant. Good riddance.
Got to applaud the optimism there :D
CTFC03
Absolutely fantastic Joey :lol: :lol: :lol:
rasta
lots of games to play in Conference, FA Trophy and FA qualifying, 2 games a week almost
horlickfanclub
I cannot believe the people who are happy to see us lose the revenue that playing Rovers brings . Spite seems to overrule good sense. I hope the same fans will not complain if we run short on our playing budget.
Si Robin
I think for the first time ever I agree with you Horlick. Whether you like Rovers or not, they were the one team in this division guaranteed to sell out the away end. That revenue will not be brought back by any of the ones coming down or up.
Joey
Luton would bring a good following?

I missed the game back when we played them in L1 so I've no idea how many they brought then.
joes dad
Shrewsbury & Yeovil will bring quite a few
Robin
Luton will bring a decent following but very unlikely to sell out, Shrewsbury normally bring 500 or so too.
Cinderford robin
Why we going on about Yeovil :). Puts in perspective when a club as big as rovers drop out the football league.
Ralph
I tried to encourage Gava88 to come say hi in a couple of PM's but looks like he's shy :lol: Strange, he was never shy before :D

I'm thinking Rovers is the biggest to drop out of the league so far. Some may say Luton or Grimsby but i think Rovers
Si Robin
Luton are much bigger than Rovers, top division for a few years, League Cup winners in the 80s and crowds of over 5,000 in the Conference.
CTFC03
Even Carlisle travel well, Luton and Shrewsbury should bring a few to cover their loss.
Educated Bertie
Cinderford robin wrote:Why we going on about Yeovil :). Puts in perspective when a club as big as rovers drop out the football league.
Indeed. One would caution gloating at the relegation of Bristol Rovers.

One has never had any affinity with said club, but it has a heritage and longevity of Football League membership which Cheltenham Town Football Club MAY aspire to, assuming this miserable season is a mere blip....but one would countenance not holding one's breath, given the perceived (of this particular scribe's) "take" of the general malaise at HQ.
Nesty
horlickfanclub wrote:I cannot believe the people who are happy to see us lose the revenue that playing Rovers brings . Spite seems to overrule good sense. I hope the same fans will not complain if we run short on our playing budget.

I was just thinking the same.
Robin
I think Rovers being a big club is over stated by a few here, both Luton and Oxford are bigger in my eyes. Rovers are a traditional lower league team and the smaller club in Bristol.
bigdavejambo
Joey wrote:Luton would bring a good following?

I missed the game back when we played them in L1 so I've no idea how many they brought then.
that game was a Friday night wasnt it?
ctfcshire
horlickfanclub wrote:I cannot believe the people who are happy to see us lose the revenue that playing Rovers brings . Spite seems to overrule good sense. I hope the same fans will not complain if we run short on our playing budget.
1000 off the gate one week so what?

Yates would probably spend it on someone to sit on the bench all season anyway.
Malabus
Luton will replace their lost revenue.
Artemis
As much as Bristol Rovers bring a good following, some things are worth more than money. Rovers' relegation is simply priceless....(although fair do's to Gava88 for coming back on here) and I do wish them many seasons of 'so near but just fail to get promotion' seasons in the Conference.
taxidave
I know Rovers always bring a full house to Whaddon Road but how much does the additional policing and extra stewarding cost us, it must surely knock a big hole in any money taken through the turnstile.
Malabus
taxidave wrote:I know Rovers always bring a full house to Whaddon Road but how much does the additional policing and extra stewarding cost us, it must surely knock a big hole in any money taken through the turnstile.
Valid point.