Orient fans get game abandoned.

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Orient fans disrupting Colchester's play-off hopes. Invaded the pitch and didn't leave for over an hour. Game finally abandoned at 5.48pm.

Probably the same fans who were happy when Hearn was overspending and who welcomed the new owners.
Ralph
Hardly blame em tbh
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
No sympathy from me.
Shade
Colchester will get the points they were going to win anyway, same as Huddersfield did at Blackpool a few years ago. It'll just be 3-0 to them instead of 3-1.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
They played the last five mins after the fans had all gone home.

I wonder what Os fans think of Hearn making a killing promoting the Joshua vs Klitschko fight in front of 90,000 at Wembley and on pay-per-view around the would.
Malabus
Can't remember us acting like spoilt children when we got relegated. Yes, they will tell you they are protesting against the EFL etc, but we all know they don't like it because they are going down. Leytonstone isn't English anymore like the rest of London, so I'm not upset they are gone.
Coops
Malabus wrote:Can't remember us acting like spoilt children when we got relegated. Yes, they will tell you they are protesting against the EFL etc, but we all know they don't like it because they are going down. Leytonstone isn't English anymore like the rest of London, so I'm not upset they are gone.
More racist c!#p.....
Ralph
Malabus wrote:Can't remember us acting like spoilt children when we got relegated. Yes, they will tell you they are protesting against the EFL etc, but we all know they don't like it because they are going down. Leytonstone isn't English anymore like the rest of London, so I'm not upset they are gone.
Not in CTFC only. Put it in the Non Footy section if you must
Educated Bertie
One has raised oneself from one's hibernation merely to point out that Leyton Orient's ground, Brisbane Road, is situated in the London Borough of Waltham Forest, NOT Leytonstone.
Jerry St Clair
It seems that the Met Police colluded with the clubs and the EFL to lie to the fans about the abandonment yesterday. This worries me for two reasons:

a) the police should not be doing the bidding of the football authorities. They should only be concerned with public welfare.
b) when games at Blackpool and Charlton get disrupted next week and the clubs/EFL announce and abandonment, no-one will believe them.

BTW, Malabus, it's nothing to do with relegation. It's about the running of the club. We didn't complain because we fundamentally believe Paul Baker has the best interest of the club at heart. There but for the grace of him, go we.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Jerry St Clair wrote:It seems that the Met Police colluded with the clubs and the EFL to lie to the fans about the abandonment yesterday. This worries me for two reasons:

a) the police should not be doing the bidding of the football authorities. They should only be concerned with public welfare.
b) when games at Blackpool and Charlton get disrupted next week and the clubs/EFL announce and abandonment, no-one will believe them.

BTW, Malabus, it's nothing to do with relegation. It's about the running of the club. We didn't complain because we fundamentally believe Paul Baker has the best interest of the club at heart. There but for the grace of him, go we.
Why weren't they complaining when Hearn was overspending and when he sold the club to dodgy owners?

Because when they were doing ok they turned a blind eye to mismanagement. Well now it has bitten them on the backside they kick up a fuss.

No sympathy for fans who want their cake and to eat it - they get what is coming to them.
Jerry St Clair
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: Why weren't they complaining when Hearn was overspending and when he sold the club to dodgy owners?

Because when they were doing ok they turned a blind eye to mismanagement. Well now it has bitten them on the backside they kick up a fuss.

No sympathy for fans who want their cake and to eat it - they get what is coming to them.
I agree at a certain level. Football supporters are, collectively, pretty stupid. We forgive all sorts of things as long as our team is winning. It's absolutely true that the ferocity of protest equates to success on the pitch. Look at Hull City. The protest against the owner's imposition of membership and his plan to change the name to Hull Tigers has been met by largely lukewarm protest, mainly because they've been doing really well. You can bet your bottom dollar protests will ramp up if (when) they go down. Portsmouth supporters trust are currently debating whether to flog their shares to an American consortium who are claiming that they'll spend money. The trust is split down the middle on it. And you'd think the Pompey trust, who saved Portsmouth and who''s members invested thousands each, would be really cautious about foreign ownership.

I suppose it ultimately depends whether you think fans are solely responsible for the moral integrity and sounds running of their clubs? The implication being that even when things are going well, we have a responsibility to hold owners to account.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Jerry St Clair wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: Why weren't they complaining when Hearn was overspending and when he sold the club to dodgy owners?

I agree at a certain level. Football supporters are, collectively, pretty stupid. We forgive all sorts of things as long as our team is winning. It's absolutely true that the ferocity of protest equates to success on the pitch. Look at Hull City. The protest against the owner's imposition of membership and his plan to change the name to Hull Tigers has been met by largely lukewarm protest, mainly because they've been doing really well. You can bet your bottom dollar protests will ramp up if (when) they go down. Portsmouth supporters trust are currently debating whether to flog their shares to an American consortium who are claiming that they'll spend money. The trust is split down the middle on it. And you'd think the Pompey trust, who saved Portsmouth and who''s members invested thousands each, would be really cautious about foreign ownership.

I suppose it ultimately depends whether you think fans are solely responsible for the moral integrity and sounds running of their clubs? The implication being that even when things are going well, we have a responsibility to hold owners to account.
Your final question is a good one. I personally think of you turn a blind eye when things are going well, you have no right to, and would be a hypocrite to, kick up a fuss when things go badly. To paraphrase a cliche, if fans live by a lack of moral integrity, they die by a lack of moral integrity.