500 club and the social club

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

shevates
Chuffed to bits to inform the membership that in the last six months the social club has increased its six month profit by 11k and that is with us losing the money generated by Gloucester City who now squat at Evesham United. Jeff the steward has told me this is all down to the money the 500 Club donated to the club house to bring it up to a more than decent standard. Bookings to hire the rooms are flooding in and many people are being turned away as the function room is in great demand for weddings, birthday bashes, and sadly in a way wakes.
With more functions taking place the electricity bill is increasing, so I’m proposing that the 500 Club foot the bill to have LED White lighting fitted instead of the strip lighting already in place. I’ve been quoted 2K to have it all installed and have been told we should save in the region of 60% on the electric bill. We have already put one light in the ceiling just above the diamond on the skittle alley for a trial, the difference is superb. Nice to get some feed back from those who will be in the club house on Saturday.
Shade
LED is definitely the way to go. Got my house changed all over a while ago.

Well done to all (including those that put in but never win the draw, like me :lol: ).
Johnsons Red Army
Shade wrote:Well done to all (including those that put in but never win the draw, like me :lol: ).
And me! Still waiting for my number to come up, must be any day now! :lol:
theidlerich
I'm merely waiting in anticipation of the xmas draw! :)
Lord Elpuz
That’s really good news indeed, it’s a great little bar now it’s been improved and it’s good that people are hiring it for that very reason. Marketed the right way the Club has excellent potential for these extra revenue streams and therefore cutting down on the cost of providing power is definitely worth doing. LED lights are much cheaper to run and give excellent light. Another consideration for the future could be some solar panels. Bishops Cleeve Football Club for example has a mass of them on their clubhouse roof.

The Club is also providing employment for the local community, for the extra catering and bar work.

Well done to all concerned.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Agree with the above. LED massively cheaper and worth the investment. Good shout with solar panels. Could even get some energy storage and sell energy to the club (if a separate legal entity).

Puts paid to the myth we were raking it in from Gloucester (if the massive lack of spending on the pitch wasn't evidence enough).
little mo
We had solar panels fitted on our house at no cost to us. What happens is, we get what we need and any extra energy not used by us goes to the solar panel company. The agreement is for 25 years. They maintain and service them, also they agree to remove them and replace them up to twice in that period for any major repairs to the roof. Fitted in less than a day,works well, big saving on bill.
yves386
Hi! I have different situation, i need to connect 2pannels on north and 2 panels south. Can be a problem when one side won’t have sun? Parallel connection.