HARD BORDER N.IRELAND.

WARNING: This section may contain jokes or topics of an offensive nature.
Recommended for over 18's only. Send Admin a PM to request exclusion.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Malabus
EU breaks its promise after just 29 days, shame on them, vile system and regime.

The names I have been called because I made a decision with a democratic vote to LEAVE this corrupt system.

Remoaners now remain quiet, perhaps they are waking up!
ctfc-fan
They’ve back tracked now after realising it makes them look so bad.

I cannot fathom how they think they can block exports of vaccines from EU countries yet suggest they should have vaccines made here! The contract states ‘best effort’ and if they’d pulled their fingers out earlier perhaps they wouldn’t be in this embarrassing mess they find themselves. Why not hold their hands up and say ‘we’ve screwed up....’.

For once Boris can hold his head high and it’s about time some of the press turned positive in the way we’ve spread our bets on the multiple vaccines very early on and now it’s showing it’s value.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Yup, if you are late ordering and the supplier already has commitments then “best effort” does not mean a queue jump!

EU wrong and rightly backed down.

As for Northern Ireland, just back to the status quo of a gloopy border in the Irish Sea instead with food and trade deliveries to/from GB being reduced significantly. I guess given how fishermen have so much fish we can’t sell to anyone we could use that to stock Northern Ireland supermarkets!
Ihearye
It never ceases to amaze me how over the years of negotiating, the GFA was just used as a pawn by the EU and Rep of Ireland. It didn't take long, once Brexit was done, for them to show that in reality they know and care little for the people of NI. Same can be said of the 'Remain' MP's who showed little interest in NI over the years (until Brexit appeared) and have shown no interest since.
This comes as no shock to the folk in NI, of either persuasion.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ihearye wrote:It never ceases to amaze me how over the years of negotiating, the GFA was just used as a pawn by the EU and Rep of Ireland. It didn't take long, once Brexit was done, for them to show that in reality they know and care little for the people of NI. Same can be said of the 'Remain' MP's who showed little interest in NI over the years (until Brexit appeared) and have shown no interest since.
This comes as no shock to the folk in NI, of either persuasion.
Be interesting to see how GB MPs react to the growing support for the inevitable border poll.